Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Stars and stuff

Very successful baking session today - F and I made ginger star biscuits and iced them with pink middles and chocolate points. I'm not good at baking at all, being very averse to measuring things and sticking with recipes. I like food that you can taste at every stage and say 'oh, needs a bit more lemon or salt or whatever'. Baking is like cooking blindfolded somehow. But these came out very well. The best thing was that F helped at every stage - measuring, sifting, mixing, rolling, cutting and icing - and we didn't have a row! How good was that? Excellent! Quasi-muffinacious.
Other than that, F had a good yoga session - Harmony really understands her well and goes with her while getting her to do at least some of what she needs to.
I ploughed through a bit of a washing backlog that seems to have developed and will finish that tomorrow. Also started my current very big document, which looks nicely doable for Friday morning and will bring in £900.
Had some nice conversations with F through the day, mainly about imaginative stuff, the moon, planets, space. Also painted her nails silver - what they could really do with is being cut though! We watched a recorded 'I'm a Celebrity' and she got fairly involved and voted for Matt and Malandra.
She really wants to play The Sims at the moment but I've lost the disk which is a real shame. I know it will be somewhere ridiculous like under the sofa or in a carrier bag or something. Might have a proper look tomorrow.
Still enjoying return to online life - had a few good conversations with friends today.
Tomorrow - carry on working, washing, order lots of Xmas prezzy stuff online and otherwise see what we feel like.

No comments: