Quick one
E's visit yesterday went well. I was a tad too interfering I suspect, but I knew F was a bit under the weather and wasn't sure how well they'd go on. In retrospect, they would have been fine, but as it was I bothered them with one of F's birthday prezzies, which we oohed and aahed over and fiddled with, then we all 4 (J was home) played Mario Party 8, which seemed to be enjoyed. One of her less autonomous visits, but I guess that's OK now and then.
F was definitely looking quite ill by the evening, didn't eat any tea and required a duvet on sofa for last hour of being up. Much debate over whether we'd be able to go to Nic's the next day. F very keen to go, but trying hard to accept that if she was too ill it wouldn't be happening.
The night wasn't great, F woke me several times and then we were all up at 4ish with Rorschach having brought in a frog, which was voicing its protest with an eerie scream. Between the 3 of us we managed to rescue it nearly as quickly and efficiently as if only one of us had been up. I wasn't much use as I'd had such interrupted sleep - leaves my brain very fuzzy.
However, in the morning we all slept in till 11am and found that that had done all of us a power of good, as they say. F looked loads brighter, so after we'd fed the neighbour's kitten, I stuck some Calprufen in my rucksack and she and I headed off over to the MTs. We were really lucky and hit the smoothest and fastest part of the timetable for trains, had a lovely easy happy journey. F and I chatted a bit - recent topics have included 'what kind of teeth do frogs have?' leading to general 'animal digestive systems' and 'when did people start having names?' leading to consideration of how names developed, etc.
At Nic's we were both able to relax - F had a few wobbly moments and I gave her some medicine mid-afternoon, but generally it was lovely and I'm so glad she was well enough for us to go over there (and for me to drink wine and eat pasta pesto and chat with one of my very best friends). The children mainly played outside, F saw the latest little brood of chicks, who are rather smart looking, and was given some birthday presents, which she was very happy with. We came back about 8ish and J had already ordered Chinese takeaway (pizza for F) and had put up a mirror for F in her room, which had been planned for a while.
Keeping this short as I need an early night, despite sleeping in this morning. Tomorrow it's just F and me and I think we really need a day like that now, been very socially busy this last week or so.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment