Last Sunday F did a lot of playing out in the street (not in the road though) with neighbours' kids, mainly on scooter, popping into neighbour's daughter's house for a play and having her back here. Meanwhile J and I did lots of clearing and tidying and a bit of hoovering and cleaning and generally pulled the house back from the brink of being a total pit, which was satisfying.
When J did F's bedtime, he read to her, which doesn't often happen as she tends to prefer her 'head voices'. Was lovely to hear him reading and her giggling.
Monday F and J did some more chemistry - mixtures, filtration and distillation. I was working but it looked engaging and fun. F also did more playing out, scootering, etc.
Think she might have done some Hama beading too. She is making a 'story kit' with characters and backgrounds. She started with a basic princess character.
Tuesday F was booked with her friend E on a Small Animals day at The Mohair Centre - it was a long day 10:30 to 16:30 and E's mum and I had both wondered if they'd come back rather exhausted and tricky but they loved it and have asked if they can do the 'teatime club' next time! They came 2nd in some kind of petcare competition and had rather lovely blue rosettes as well as certificates.
Wednesday is mysteriously unrecorded in any form, but I think I must have been working and F playing Sims, scootering, trampolining, playing ponies, playing with neighbour's daughter.
Oh I remember we did a bit of electronics kit, or rather mostly F did, experimenting with adding a resistor to a circuit, adding and removing other components.
Thursday F and I went to local group in park over the river, with F scootering on way and scootering a bit there. Was nice to hang out and see everyone, I was feeling quite sociable and we all had some interesting serious chat and some good giggles too.
When F and I came back, we watched Scooby Doo 2, which I hadn't seen and she had, and was just the job for a bit of a laugh and not much of a challenge! Then we did a mosaic kit F has had for a while. Left the grouting stage for another day (yesterday - I bodged it, oh dear!).
Friday we had F's best friend E over for a couple of hours in the morning, so they played with the ponies for a while and then started making ambitious plans for more things they want to do - E would like to do another 2-night sleepover here, and they want to have a sale of old toys, books and baked goods in the park! Am quite happy to have E for 2 nights as last time they were really easy and it actually got easier after the first night, was very relaxed. Although I'm not desperately keen to have to accompany a park sale, their original plan involved posters with E's address on, so it's an improvement I think, and they aren't selling a lot, so the scale shouldn't be too scary. Am encouraging the idea of a percentage going to charity...
After E was picked up, F and J went off to Brighton to do some shopping for my birthday, so I had 2 hours to myself, without any work to do, which was good. Had a very long shower and a bit of a read and of course laptop time too. Then I went into Brighton to meet them and we went to Toy Story 3, which we all enjoyed and weren't overly tear-jerked by. F had a cold that had come on the day before and was affecting her sleep.
Saturday was my birthday and I enjoyed opening far too many presents (books, bath bombs, Body Shop lemon products, vegan Birkenstocks, vegan truffles!), having a 2-hour bath and doing a treasure hunt entirely created by F, which was really good. I love treasure hunts and puzzles and nobody has ever done one for me before! The written clues each led to another and were things like: 'In something you wear outside in Spring and shares its name with a reptile' and 'Under something you use every day and see every day'. I loved it. She had done it in the morning and told J when he got up.
Ended the day with Astro Boy and curry (pizza for F) and then J and I watched the Star Trek prequel film at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment