Over the last 3 days I've been out without J and F a lot: 2 hours shopping in Brighton on Saturday, 5 hours at a party on Sunday and 4 hours in Brighton cafes and park on Monday. Most unusual for me!
Saturday's shopping trip was OK, quite successful, bought some clothes I wanted and bought presents for friends in Lush, which was enjoyable, did a lot of wandering around and sniffing things at leisure.
Enjoyed the party on Sunday very much, catching up with a few friends and drinking Pimms in sunshine, celebrating the birthday of a lovely friend from Writers' Retreat.
On Monday Freya went to a Little Green Pig writing workshop held in an art gallery in the centre of Brighton. I could have come home but I thought I'd stay close just in case they summoned me on my mobile. So after getting some Body Shop things, I went to Waterstones and bought a book and took it to a cafe and read for an hour with a Chai Soya Latte and then moved on to Food For Friends and had some lunch! The book was Caitlin Moran's 'How to be a woman' and it made me laugh out loud many many times. Finished with half an hour reading in the gardens by the Pavilion, then picked Freya up. She had enjoyed the workshop and will go back for the 2nd and final session next week. It sounded good.
We then had some more cafe time, together back in Lewes, with our respective books (Joyce ed) and bumped into ex-neighbour and fellow home-educator for a bit of a chat, then wandered home via the park. A lovely day!
Apart from all this gadding and gallivanting, I also realized (with help of J and tape measure) that I'd bought us a 10 ft paddling pool for a 9 ft space. Hmph! Let me know if you want a 10 ft pool! Now ordered an 8 ft one. D'oh.
2 comments:
I love cafes in bookshops.
Ooh, I miss Food for Friends. Used to go there lots.
Post a Comment