Monday, September 05, 2011

Maze, Swim, Mum, Shelf, Group

Ah September. Beautiful plumage.

Thursday
Freya and I went to Drusillas (local zoo/play park) for the day. Most of which was lovely, especially the maze that they have there, which was the original inspiration for and now the conclusion of our Earth, Air, Fire, Water themed days. 


We love the maze, it has a ton of imagination and interactivity to it, including some very gorgeous chimes, a face-making mirror, water surprises and much else. Drusillas was packed though and eventually that rather took its toll on both of us, along with fairly fierce heat. 

Friday
We attended a great Not Back To School Swim/Picnic at Pells Pool. Was lovely to have a swim, sit in the sunshine, chat with people I haven't seen all summer and excitingly (well OK scarily at first) watch my daughter embrace the challenge of swimming out of her depth, helped by her lovely friend.

Saturday
I got up early and went to visit my mum - a really good visit. As I walked up from the bus stop I bumped into her heading home from the shops with her trolley, so I was able to pull it up the hill for her. Was good to see that she is still managing that. Then I took her to a big garden centre that she used to like to go to. She absolutely loved it and bought a few little plants. We had lunch in the cafe and enjoyed strolling around. 
While I was doing that, Freya and J were going into town and buying a shelf and fixings and pink paint!
Was lovely to get home to them, walking back from the station accompanied by reflections of a beautiful sunset in the very typical Lewes brickwork.


Sunday
A very relaxed day for me. We all watched Doctor Who so that I could catch up.
Freya and J painted the shelf, 2 coats of primer and first coat of pink. J and I finally ripped up our hall carpet, which we've wanted to do for ages. There isn't anything especially nice underneath but we just much prefer it to the carpet! Should be more practical too.

Monday
MMs, our home-ed Monday group started up again, was good to bump into Allie Greenhouse between buses on the way and to see everyone who was there, less good to feel absences for sad reasons. Freya had a good time and I had some lovely chats with people and a good cup of tea and a healthy lunch, which I enthused about annoyingly to the general company. 
Freya made a small group of us on the bus back play swapping characters. I was her, she was me, L had to be Freya's friend L, and so on. Had some good laughs with it.
She and I popped to the Lego shop as she is collecting the mini figures intermittently. She got some good ones.
Back home J (with assistance from Freya and me) put up the shelf next to Freya's bed. It's fab, she is really thrilled with it. Now she can have her digital photo frame and her music player to hand easily, plus some books on there too. He also put up a socket stick for plugs for those things and her DSi charger. He worked so hard, with his joints hurting quite a bit and making it generally more difficult in an awkward space. When it was finished, J came down to find Freya had drawn up a menu of a '3-course meal' for him to have and she would wait on him! She then brought in course 1 of some nuts and Japanese rice crackers, plus cucumber and tomatoes, course 2 of mushroom pate and beetroot sandwich and course 3 of plain chocolate!

No comments: