I am in several minds about what to do regarding blogging. Blogging without censoring/editing myself is almost impossible in this place - it's open to all, it's nominally a home-ed blog, it just doesn't feel good for that. The stuff I censor is mostly either Freya being tricky or stuff about my mum. So should I move myself completely over to my Monkey Shit blog? I don't know, somehow I don't feel that's what I want to do.
And editing myself is just pointless it seems. But for now that's what I'll carry on with just a bit longer. The mood has struck me to blog and to blog about what we're doing in home-ed world at the moment, so for now this will do.
Things Freya does weekly or most weeks:
Monday Group
Tuesday Swim
Wednesday Forest School
Friday Archery
Fortnightly or every 3rd week:
Wednesday Chatterbooks at library
Friday either riding or yoga and drama,
Monthly:
Thursday Animal sanctuary group or Themed activity group
So that's quite a busy old lot of stuff, plus Freya organizes her own social get-together with friends at ours once every 2 months too and has various other social things to attend.
She is very much at the stage where she doesn't actually need me during/at most of these things, but I am still the main delivery system for a little while longer, still accompanying her when walking or taking the bus.
Christmas was very relaxing, we did all our visiting and being visited before the day itself, and had 3 days in a row when we didn't have to go anywhere or see anyone. Bliss!
Very much enjoyed having C and co. over for pre-New Year Wii gaming session, also going to Spamalot in Brighton, all 3 of us, with J's mum too. My Christmas presents included the entire Friends box set and a copy of the new Professor Layton game all of my very own, which I'm also very much enjoying.
F is now a mobile phone-user, which is good. Also she has been reading Malory Towers and a book called 'Frozen in Time'.
I am blogging things randomly as they occur to me now.
F and I are reading Jacqueline Wilson's 'Girls' series about 3 girls aged 13 or so and their various doings. It's a really good read, we're doing it for bedtime sometimes and lots of interesting conversations come up. The second one 'Under Pressure' covers eating disorders, thought she did it very well.
My laptop became unusable last weekend, so I'm on a new one, as have to have one for work. It's nice so far, getting used to it now.
And that's the blogging urge gone, maybe see you in another couple of months!
3 comments:
Aw. I enjoyed reading it. I'm assumed it's not the frozen in time book explaining what happened to the Franklin expedition, which I have read and enjoyed tho not something I would have thought F would read. So googled and its the Ali Sparkes book? Sounds interesting.
Yes it is the Ali Sparkes one, seems very good, though she is reading it only a tiny bit at a time, unlike Malory Towers!
Oh no - please keep this one up! I read it, albeit sporadically, and I have for a few years now. I do understand that there are some things you’d rather not share with the big wide world (I’d feel the same way) but you probably have more intermittent followers than you realise and we’d miss you. xxx
Post a Comment