Monday, January 14, 2013

Emerging into 2013 but no bolding yet so I can pretend I'm not really here still

Christmas seems more like a month ago. Ours was peaceful and mostly at home - we went to see The Hobbit and we went to a friend's house on New Year's Eve, but other than that we did a lot of home stuff. I gave F several kits (knitting, crochet, weaving) that we explored a bit, we had box sets and games and books and it was all very cosy, although J was ill, which was a shame and he's sick of being ill at Christmas.
I went to see the Rocky Horror Show in Brighton (40th Anniversary Tour - highly recommended) with M and C, that was fun!
Now things are starting up again, so last week I accompanied F to a workshop at Brighton Museum on Image and Identity - looking at how we identify ourselves mainly in terms of culture. It was quite good, interesting for me as I was actually in with F, as she wasn't sure about it. Afterwards we did a bit of museuming, went to the BIBA exhibition and then home via pet shop as Fidget has odd sores on 2 of her paws and we needed a litter tray to keep her inside for 7 days. Have spent many days over last week trudging back and forth to vets with cat in rain. Is not something I'd like to take up as a long-term hobby.
Friday was Book Club, so I just about did all my prep in time for that and we had a great session, with some fun games and puzzles and lots of chat about the significance of winter and Christmas and the roles of various characters in our 3 books (The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C S Lewis and The Wolves of Willoughby Chase by Joan Aiken). Also some interesting diversions in discussion but I won't blog them!
Saturday I took Fidget to the vet again with Freya in a taxi and had massive problems with my cashcard suddenly not working, which meant I couldn't pay the taxi. Fortunately it was the nicest of the taxi drivers we have fairly often, so he was fine, I'll pay it next time I get a taxi, and add to it because he was so reasonable about it. Fidget isn't healing as she should, it's troubling.
In the afternoon I was off to Hastings for a great afternoon of writing, chatting, laughing and eating! Some people I'd not seen for maybe 3 years, it was a lovely afternoon and did me good in all sorts of ways, more than I'd expected. 
Back home, we watched Britain's Brightest - I am liking that programme a bit too much I think, feel my brain stretching! I couldn't do the adding and subtracting trampolinists though, that was too much at once for me.
Sunday I had to work and work and work. Arse. Though managed a break for Fringe.
Monday (after 3 hours sleep) took Freya to a Shakespeare workshop led by lovely M, drama exploring the play The Tempest. Was very good what I saw of it, she does bring that extra spark to workshops. I stayed a while, went home, came out again to pick Freya up.

Coming up we have:
tomorrow LAMDA drama and Creative Writing
Wednesday seeing The Tempest (shortened version for kids) in Tunbridge Wells
Thursday Livewires on Colours and Patterns
Friday Club drumming workshop and Yoga
So a busy week as we get back into our groove.
 


1 comment:

HelenHaricot said...

welcome to the new year :)