Thursday 7th
A day at home, we did some still-life drawing and painting practice together,
in preparation for next day's Friday Club session. I set up an apple,
jar of coffee (why did I include that, impossible!), red pepper and
hairbrush all on a plate. Freya did well with it, especially the
highlights and shadows I thought. One of the things I wish we managed to
find more time for. I loved that Freya captioned her picture "Fictional reality: tough, old, sweet and bold"
Friday 8th
Sponsored pyjama-wearing at Friday Club - Art - still life drawing with pastels and other materials. Lots of concentration by everyone I think, after initial excitement about all meeting up in pyjamas.
Weekend 9th-10th
Took Fidget in to be checked out at open clinic and she was fine and no more to pay, thank goodness. Later on Saturday took Freya to leisure centre for rollerdisco. Back home we watched Hotel Transylvania, I think, in 3D. Quite fun!
On the Sunday we went to Spring Barn with J's mum and Freya managed to do the drop slide, after about an hour of working up to it, and finally deciding I should push her!
Then a lovely meal at Pizza Express, thanks to J.
Monday 11th
Had lots of paperwork and meeting a financial advisor and all that sort of thing, ugh. Then took Freya to drama/dance, the last session, which is a shame - might start again in September. I had a coffee with M and a good chat, as she had had a particularly productive and exciting morning!
Tuesday 12th
Snow! L came to play. They made some pastry things, though Freya got grumpy about me worrying that shortcrust pastry wouldn't work. I had a lot of work to do and ended up staying up till 4am. At the time I thought the job was worth X amount of Euros, but I didn't get the Purchase Order through till Friday and it turned out to be quite a bit more, which is lucky as March hasn't been that good workwise.
Wednesday 13th
Forest School cancelled, me very tired from working night, we both flopped on sofa and watched Tinkerbell films in the afternoon.
Thursday 14th
Freya and I spent 4 hours going around town for her marathon Comic
Relief effort, first she did litter-picking along several streets and
planting bulbs at the station, with the lovely Community Rail person, Sam.
Then she did offering to tell jokes in shops (her original idea had been litter picking, then I had sounded out our local councillor about areas to pick litter and she had suggested planting, then I think Freya and I together came up with the idea of offering to do a small task in shops). In the event, nobody in shops wanted tasks doing, I think it would have needed longer notice, it's hard to think on the spot of things that someone can do just coming in without any prior experience or knowledge. Anyway, a lot of them opted for a joke and this was the joke that got told about 30 times I think:
Q: What is the difference between chocolate ice-cream and poo?
A: A toddler can turn one into the other but can't seem to manage to do it the other way round.
Which mostly went down very well, and raised £50. Freya had also got about £80 in sponsorship for both the pyjama event and this.
Friday 15th
Friday Club's Red Nose Day cake sale - I sat in at Friday Club for a couple of hours as the girls made cakes and sausage rolls to sell. All wearing deeley boppers, funny to look over into the kitchen and see all these red things swaying around as they worked! I was mending Sleepy Cat (aka Dozy Mog), who was in need of such serious repairage that the stitching needed to be disguised with a new jaunty jacket made from one of Freya's old skirts.
Then we headed up to the High Street and sold our wares, with a little distraction of red hair colour spraying now and then. The children are pretty confident now, having done this a few times, and most of them go off in little groups with trays and tins, returning with money. Freya went off for ages with a group, and they went right up the hill and beyond.
People were very generous - we don't price the cakes but ask for a donation - and the sale raised £307. Added to what had already been raised by Friday Club members, this makes £666, well over K's original target. It was chilly but not as rainy as expected, and nice to see various people joining in.
Saturday, March 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Lovely post and WOW! to Freya for fantastic fundraising :)
I do think my not liking the wearing pyjamas in public thing is because we don't really have the sort of nightwear one would be happy to be seen in public in! F's ensemble is fantabulous. Much better than old leggings (holey) and old tshirt a/sweat tops! She's worked very hard and she be rightly proud of herself. Love the painting too. I often wish we had more time at home to read together and try arts and crafts again together. No idea where the days go ;-).
Thanks Zoe and Michelle. F mostly goes to bed in leggings and tees too, often the ones she has worn during the day, oops. But occasionally I do actually buy pyjamas and I couldn't resist that dressing gown for her, it's so soft. Never enough time for those quiet home things these days. I have got better at making them happen, otherwise they don't.
Post a Comment