Monday, December 16, 2013

Notebooks, minions, wet cat and washing machine

Very perfunctory, sorry!


Monday 9th
Freya had Geography in the morning, then staying on to play with N and L, then met her for a snack before her Aerial session. She is improving all the time in Aerial, rope work is hardest.

Tuesday 10th
We had a day at home, just us. Freya had presents to make - personalized handmade notebooks - so got going on that while I did a bit of decluttering and some work that had come in, then we watched The Borrowers. Had to do some handwashing due to our washing machine still being out of action, awaiting new belt, we hoped.

Wednesday 11th
Freya only had French, so she did some more of her presents in the morning whilst I worked I think. She finished them all.


She gave the first few out at French and while she was learning how to ask for various food and drink items in French I had a quiet cuppa with A, an oasis of calm in the hecticality.

Thursday 12th
In the morning we made biscuits, planning to ice them later - they were to be minions to be offered at a showing of Despicable Me, organized by Friday Club for wider home-ed community.
Then took Freya up to Dance, had a slight crisis of faith thinking it might not be on, but it was, the last one of term. Freya was able to give out more of her presents. I came home, had nice chats and a cuppa with CC while she sorted my kitchen out. Freya went with D and J from Dance to Art and I worked a bit then went to pick her up from Art, where she was starting drawing for a lino print. No Guides so just coming home. Back home we iced our biscuits - Freya did most of it - and made minion bags for popcorn too.



Friday 13th
Finally got paid so was able to start buying Xmas presents hooray! Took Freya up to C's where a party for blue noses was being held, and I came back to do more work.
Took the biscuits and bags and more of Freya's presents to Friday Club film show, where I think everyone had a nice time but I didn't stay as had still tons of work to do.

Saturday 14th
Took Freya to Drama, and she and L were taken by C from there to Guides special Christmas thing involving photo competition, cooking, crafts, etc. I worked and assisted J in attempting to mend the pesky washing machine. We got the new belt on, rotated drum manually to test and it fell off. Then tried it slightly differently positioned, rotated drum manually OK, ran slow spin cycle OK, ran most of a wash cycle OK then off it flopped. So a bearing or whatever and time to buy a new washing machine (it was about 13 yrs old).

Sunday 15th
Took Freya to Fencing, having only been once then missed 2 due to holiday and a sleepover. She likes it so far. Note to self: Fencing starts again 5th Jan, Geography again 6th Jan.
Poured with rain, cat came in so wet I wouldn't let her on my lap but she loves bags so I offered her a nice canvas one on my lap, which she was very happy with.


 
Then J's dad came and we went out for a meal at Pizza Express, very nice. Then he kindly took us to buy washer/dryer. Goodness these things are very modern looking now, quite a different beast. We found the one J had turned up in online research the night before and paid and it came today (Monday) and I think it will be A Good Thing. Shame about the money though.

Monday 16th
Took Freya to Geography, she was so tired after such a busy weekend, not enough downtime, not enough leisurely starts. Anyway I came home and worked and saw the new washing machine doing its thing, went out 4ish to pick her up and get her to Costa for a snack before Aerial. I went to library while she was there.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fidget, Fidget with the extra digit!!!

Oh and my sensible comment follows:

Notebooks look amazing, bet they were very gratefully received gifts. As do minion bags and biscuits.

And arses to washing machine sensible practical purchases.

a said...

Arses to sensible for sure. I should have come up and used your launderette! Was impressed by my daughter's ability to finish her creative projects, think she's better at that than me.