Friday, October 24, 2014

Guides Quiz, NJBS, 5 Rhythms and lots of social stuff

Wednesday 15th October
Got the bus to Forest School together. I did a bit of work in the cafe and some iGCSE Chemistry preparation - we are settling into a method (for all 3 Science subjects) of combining PowerPoint slide shows with animations and clicky interactive bits, made by me, for now, then will be exploring BBC Bitesize, Khan Academy and others (just checking out GradeGorilla at moment). We're not quite there yet, but getting into a sustainable mode bit-by-bit.
After Forest School we were taking 2 of Freya's friends home with us on the bus, so all three appeared as I finished work, and we sat outside and they had drinks and shared a bowl of chips. They were quite lively!
Then the bus home, and at home they did a bit of Wreck This Journal together and then played Cluedo.

Thursday 16th
Went to the first monthly meeting for JB's new home-ed magazine initiative. A cool idea, was good. Hope there will be plenty of contributions.
Then we had Lewes M and outside Lewes M (I know, sorry!) coming back with us for lunch. They played Mario Party on the Wii, then we went up and dropped Lewes M off and Freya and outside Lewes M went to Dance.
After Dance, because Freya (and J and D) didn't have Art, we had all the Dance girls back to ours and they had some snacks and did more Wreck This Journal and then played Cluedo.
I was working.
Then took Freya to Guides, I went to mum's Care Home and helped with some paperwork that needed updating.
Home again. More work, had intended to do a late one but perhaps inevitably I only made it to 1am and eyes were saying 'nooooo'.

Friday 17th took Freya to Friday Club for poetry session, sounds like it was good. Afterwards she was going back to L's for the afternoon.
I worked and just met a deadline by 2 minutes, phew.
J and I met Freya with C, L and M for a Guides Quiz thing in the evening 6.30. It was quite fun, we came second, only one point in it though and the winning team was bigger than ours. Discovered none of us are great at history. Was good that some rounds were prepared by children and some by adults. Adult history was our worst. It was all part of fundraising for the big international camp next year, anyway, so good cause and all that.

Saturday 18th
Got up nice and late, prepared some Physics for Freya, but when she came to do it, some bits weren't right really, but she did get the information from it I think. 
In the early evening, walked Freya up to Nevill estate, to meet J and D - all going to watch the NJBS bonfire processions, in which most of C's family and J and D's parents were all marching in their green and white smuggler jumpers. Afterwards Freya went with C's family to see fireworks (I think) and have soup and was invited to stay over spontaneously, so did.
J and I watched "Edge of Tomorrow" which I enjoyed, not bad intelligent action stuff, some originality and humour/wit to it.

Sunday 19th 
C brought Freya back at lunchtime I think. We maybe did some Biology? Bacteria and Yeast and Specialized Cells perhaps? And caught up on Doctor Who and Strictly Come Dancing in the evening, think I cooked roast veg.

Monday 20th
Freya went off to Geography. I met her later for the 'gap' before Aerial and while she was in her class I went to the library, did a bit of Chemistry prep and some other stuff.

Tuesday 21st
Day at home, Freya played Sims 2 on XBox quite a bit, we had a walk later, out in windy afternoon, and unfortunately a bit of a falling out. Which I dealt with very maturely by drinking half a bottle of wine and going to bed.

Wednesday 22nd
Forest School - they did something with leaves and wax! Nice pictures on FB thanks to Lou.
Afternoon - Chemistry and Sewing...

Thursday 23rd
 We went to M's on the bus, I had a coffee and chat with M and J, then got bus back, whilst Freya stayed and M brought her back into Lewes about 3.30 so she could shop for M's presents and then go to Art.
Back at home I worked till it was time to meet Freya between Art and Guides, taking her uniform (she changes in Costa usually).
While she was at Guides, where they were planning their fundraising busking activity, I had a nice chat with C - so busy these days we don't often get the chance to catch up properly. 

Friday 24th 
ELB and family took Freya to Friday Club as it was a few miles outside Lewes - today's was 5 Rhythms dancing, so I was very interested to hear what that was actually like, as nobody will ever tell you properly, in my experience. K brought Freya back and L with her for the afternoon at ours. They played on the Wii, it was nice and relaxed.
I was working and did washing up and washing and stuff.




No comments: