Saturday, July 18, 2015

Chessington, Freya's Birthday

Catching up again so will do a fairly compact version I think

Days have gone to:

A fab Chessington day with L and the Rs. I decided not to go on any rides - hayfever has been a weird cumulative thing this year and I am at the point where I'm often breathless and lacking in oxygen and headachey, which put me off the idea of being thrown around. We had such a nice day again (went last year with them). Last year Freya went on the Vampire for the first tme (and 2nd, 3rd...) and this year she (and everyone except me) went on Dragon's Fury, which looked very exciting. It wasn't massively busy, they only had to queue a bit for the most popular things and were able to go on the rides lots of times. L and I had lots of chatting time and we all had chips near the end of the day.





Freya's birthday celebrations
Last year we had a sleepover of a single huge group of girls (10 including F?) - we took almost all furniture out of F's room, but it still ended up being a bit too tight a squeeze for comfort I think. So I had to work out what to do this year. In the end, after considering various options involving tents and other such malarkey, it came down to splitting the group into 2 smaller groups and having 2 consecutive sleepovers on a Friday and Saturday, with the whole group doing daytime stuff together on the Saturday between the 2 nights.
So we had 6 for Friday evening, 5 staying the night, did pizza, ice-cream, hot chocolate, they decorated night-light holders with stick-on sparkly bits and letters (good for quotes, someone did "but what if you fly?" I think, and names), then watched The Hunger Games, then went up and were awake till half one ish I think, mostly watching Friends.
Saturday 11th In the morning they had pain au chocolat and fruit,  one went to her dance class and returned, then the next shift arrived and we all walked up to Spring Barn Farm Park, picking one up on the way.




Earlier this year I had thought a few times how Spring Barn is a good place for easy days out but it was a shame it didn't have anything water-related for hot days - we went up to find they have now got "Water Wars". Turned out to be excellent fun, firing water bombs at each other on a big inflatable thing with cleverly designed walls to reduce impact but allow splashage.





They also went on drop slides, jumping pillow, and many other such things, and had chips. 





We walked home again and I finished off printing stuff for the next thing which was a treasure hunt around Lewes - time was running out so this got simplified somewhat and involved a lot of going up and down steep twittens on a hot day but they were remarkably uncomplaining about it and succeeded in finding all the little hidden bags of treasure (various small novelties, sweets, etc.). 
Back home we had the changeover slightly later than advertised. Sleepover Krew 2 started on their night-light holder decorating and I did pizzas, ice-cream and hot chocolate again. The chosen film for this group was The Fault in our Stars, though some would have liked to have The Hunger Games again, but I didn't want to watch the same film two nights in a row. Afterwards we ended up watching old home videos for a while, great fun. Next morning, pain au chocolat and fruit again and we all watched If I Stay.
It was a really good weekend, though mad busy at times - the food bit is my least favourite, having to juggle pizzas around in my tiny oven. Knackering! I enjoy the other stuff, they're a lovely lot of girls and good company on the whole.
Sunday after they had gone and Freya's new bed had been delivered, we went out with J's dad and had pizza not cooked by me (hooray!). 
Monday 13th was Freya's actual birthday and a more relaxed day. She opened her presents and we went out to the cinema - for various reasons we ended up seeing Terminator: Genisys, not exactly Freya's choice. I really enjoyed it tbh, was a bit of Terminator fun and kept me watching, love anything with time travel anyway!
Tuesday 14th Freya went to C's writing group and when she came home, J's mum came and we played Cluedo and watched Into the Woods together and J did lovely pasta.

Other days went to:
Friday Club session at Pells Pool, open to all local home-ed people, which was good - they had a much better day for it than last year (think it was morning after F's birthday sleepover and rained non-stop)
Other trips to Pells Pool on warm days with various people
A nice afternoon at the Level for Jayden's birthday (9) where there were lots of people I don't see often.
A slightly ill-fated trip to cinema - the 3 of us plus the Starley Bs - we all just about managed to get to the cinema in time to see the Minions film together, but then there was some sort of technical glitch and they offered us the 5pm 3D showing instead, which meant J couldn't stay - I was sad. It was still fun though, and we did get various refunds and free tickets. The film was ridiculous bonkers and random fun. Little Mini's first cinema trip and she seemed to enjoy it, though the delay to starting meant she fell asleep bless her.
Forest School, Geography, Art, Guides, etc. think term has finally ended now, it has seemed to go on a bit long this one!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I just love that friendship group F has. Sounds the best of anywhere living so close to each other. Belated birthday wishes to her. You organised a brilliant weekend - well done! I'm muchly impressed.