Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Back in September

My dad died last night and I'm going to take a blog break for a while. I'm fine, did my grieving over the last few weeks and was lucky enough to visit him, hold his hand and tell him I loved him a few days ago.
Will be back in September.

13 comments:

Joanna said...

That's a tough thing to go through - thinking of you too.

a said...

Thank you - for various reasons (he left when I was about 18 months old) my grieving now is more for the grandpa that F won't have enough of than the father that I didn't really have anyway. Holding his hand for 20 minutes on Saturday and telling him I loved him was something I've waited 40 years for.

Unknown said...

Awwwww (((((((((((((((((((((Ali))))))))))))))))))))))) is there anything we can do ? Have told Mark and will tell D later .

will be thinking of you

Heather & Mark xx

a said...

Thanks Heather - will send an e-mail over. Love to Mark and D and A and you xx

Claire said...

Really sorry to hear your news. I'll be thinking of you all.

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that Ali. Glad you saw him and were able to say goodbye and I love you to him. xxx

Classroomfree said...

Thinking of you x

Allie said...

Sorry to hear of this. Thinking of you. The Greenhouse Gang xxx.

a said...

Thanks all of you. Funeral is 1st September, so will be back after that.

Rossi said...

Sending love Ali xxxx

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your news. our thoughts are with you.

Unknown said...

Hope it goes OK today, will be thinking of you. xxx

Stella said...

I missed this too as I'e not been round the blog ring in a while. Sorry to hear sad news.