F has been doing a bit of colour mixing on the Leapster and this led to some colour mixing using paint, which was fun for both of us. F told me about the primary, secondary and tertiary colours. F and I also made some 'flip book' animations on the Leapster (have rediscovered a couple of cartridges in 'other' rucksack!).
I (dutifully) attended a tea-party with F, Dozy Mog and Fuzzy Mog at the top of the garden. Once I had checked that the 'tea' had come from the tap and fairly recently (as opposed to from a puddle or paddling pool/sandpit a while back), I relaxed and enjoyed the view of the Downs in the distance and thought about our new garden and whether we will be able to do much with it.
F watched The Incredible Journey while eating a lot (growth spurt) and I got some washing done and caught up online a bit.
I recently bought a rebounder and I got that out in the morning so we both had bounces intermittently all day. F also went on her wobble board quite a bit - I would love to but it's kids' weight limit only.
Just as we were about to go to the park, F was out in the garden and managed to tread on a bee and get stung, but after a bit of a scream and a cuddle she was still OK, so we popped over there.
Stayed for nearly 2 hours, bumped into several people we knew and made some new friends too - I know quite a few of the children of F's age in what would be her class at the nearest school and their parents by sight now, so time at the park often involves plenty of chat time. Had a couple of conversations about home ed, they were all dreading the summer holidays.
Came back via the shop and got F an ice-cream, bumping into a neighbour on the way. F watched some Dr Who and then we had rice with veggies cooked in and spicy dahl for grown-ups. F ate all of hers followed by ice-cream, a banana and a piece of granary bread and jam (see!).
Wednesday, June 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ROFL to F's eating - sounds v familiar!
seems all the kids are having growth spurts at the mo!
Post a Comment