but you can't make her socialize. Or at least you can't make her 'play with' other children, but I think it's still good that they are there.
F enjoys MMs - sometimes she plays with people, sometimes she wanders off on her own doing her own thing. It's interesting to see - she never desperately needs other children to play with her at all. Sometimes she perceives them as a bit of a hindrance, stopping the game from being what she wants it to be. Other times she will join in one of their games. She is very much her own person though.
Today she spent more than half the time there doing her own thing, wandering outside, rolling down the grassy slope, dancing on the rostra in the hall and trying to hide completely crouched under the toy storage bucket, moving it around the room in an amusing fashion. Some of the time she played with other children, running around with them and joining in various Dr Who and Harry Potter scenarios I think, and some of the time she spent with me, looking at a book, or just hanging out. She doesn't show much interest in the craft activities generally or the cooking, but has joined in with those very occasionally over the last few months.
There was a low turnout so I didn't bother doing a drama session in the end, though I then felt a bit sorry when it turned out someone had been expecting one after all, but it means I have one prepared for another time, which is good. MMs finishes soon and will be meeting in parks over summer. We will probably go sometimes although F does have a knack of disappearing in Brighton parks, which doesn't make for relaxing time.
Had a long wait for both buses on the way back, but good company so that was OK - the kids do enjoy all being on the bus together. Today there was much discussion of what would happen if the emergency exit lever was pulled. Various scenarios of cross bus drivers, painful injuries, fatalities and fines were all considered with a mixture of glee and trepidation.
Yesterday Grandma Ju came and took lots of our glass recycling backlog (yes, recycling glass without a car is really not easy - paper, plastic and cans get collected and I really wish glass did too, as our conservatory ends up being full of carrier bags of bottles and jars) to the recycling point, and also took cardboard too. So that freed up some space. She brought a dress for F (bought a while back but too small - she had been to get the next size up). I made some salad and we had it with ciabatta.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
don't worry he totally understood why you didn't do the drama!
I'm glad - it was really nice that he wanted to do it, too.
Thanks for all the tea - where are the insults?
You havn't posted about anything that I need to insult!
Don't worry tho I'm saving them up ;)
I will endeavour to post something provocative soon then.
Post a Comment