Saturday, November 29, 2008

Quick round-up.

Thursday I worked in the morning and we watched 'Fly Away Home' and played Wii (still MySims: Kingdom) in the afternoon.

Friday we had a lovely afternoon over at Nic's. the children mainly DSed and did a little bit of XBoxing and generally got on very well. Nic and I had much chatting and companionableness and wine. We gave Tarly her birthday card (chosen by F) and prezzy, which went down very well. Nice to give prezzies and see they are really appreciated like that.
Ady brought us back at sevenish, J was at the pub for payday drinks but came home about 8ish with houmous/salad/chilli sauce wraps and chips from the kebab shop. Yumm!

Today, in response to F, who has talked a few times lately about needing more 'serious work' or 'homework' (LOL), she and I did a few more overtly educational things than we've mostly done. We watched a Horrible Histories DVD, looked at some Education City and did French on her DS! A veritable whirlwind of educational resources! All done whilst snuggling on the big bed and chatting.

In the next few weeks I need to review with her what we've been doing and what she would like to do in 2009 - this has been a very successful year for us in many ways, but just lately she is giving signs of wanting something more - I think this is at least partly a knock-on effect of having got reading under her belt. Am looking forward to it anyway, whatever it turns out to be. At the same time, the local home-ed community is suddenly really taking shape and I'm loving being part of that.
Quiet weekend here, rainy and J is working tomorrow.

No comments: