Brief round-up
Local monthly group today - really good feel to it now, people are getting to know each other. I did a half hour drama session, mainly mime stuff. Afterwards the children played outside a lot. F wasn't in a very sociable mood so was doing her own thing most of the time. After group, F asked if we could go shopping, so we did. She was in charge of which shops we were going in. We bought vegan ice-cream, cheese and bacon, a couple of books for her and a few magazines. She went in the card shop on her own and bought a mysterious card which I'm not allowed to know about. We got the bus back.
At the weekend we went to this in Eastbourne, with J's mum. The circus skills aspect was excellent and the ice-skating skills were pretty good. It could have done with a more artistic/creative vision/direction though, to be honest. Still, it was good live entertainment. The first half was mainly the story of the earth and how life evolved, which was good fun, as we enjoyed guessing what was being represented at each stage, having recently watched Life on Earth. The lava was particularly bad (glittery red outfits and turgid gestures), but the early life forms in water were good (LED lights). In the second half, Gaia got fed up with the humans, who had got a bit cocky, what with inventing the wheel and all. Luckily it was all sorted out with a rainbow. After the show we all went for pizza.
Also at the weekend, J and I were watching Battlestar Galactica late on Saturday and when it finished I heard F calling out, so I went upstairs to find her standing on the loo lid to look in the bathroom mirror, wielding a pair of craft scissors and having fairly successfully given herself a haircut. J neatened it up the next day and she now has a fairly short bob! She also cut some sleeves off a T-shirt - she seems to be wanting to find a style or 'look' to go with her new room, or something.
Last Friday F and I went for a walk up 'Big Hill', the nearest proper high point of the Downs. It's just over an hour's walk usually, with stops to look at rabbits, cows and horses and with some steep bits at the end. The view at the top was great and we looked out at our town in the distance, identified buildings we knew and had a picnic, but it was much colder than I had thought - I didn't have my fleece on and the wind was harsh. It was a really good walk though, we took our time, chatted companionably.
The day before that,Thursday, my mum came and F showed off how lovely her bedroom is now and they did some collages, amongst other things.
I've had too much work over the last couple of weeks I think, but not working now and going to get an early night quite soon, possibly bubble bath first. We were supposed to be going over to a friend's tomorrow and they were setting a Treasure Hunt trail for us, but they've cancelled due to illness, so we might just have a day at home. Think I could do with it really.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think we need pics of Fs new look!
Seconded. Even if only a back view!
yes pics needed!!
and how are you?
Post a Comment