Wednesday morning was largely spent blushing as mentioned, catching up on various boards and watching the YouTube clip views number rise and rise (now nearly up to 1000 views).
Then I had to do a phone interview for the local paper, which was fine. Although I generally feel I'm not a phone person I discovered I quite like it as long as nobody talks over me (that would be a monologue then I guess).
In between various publicity-related activity I was blowing up the paddling pool and filling it (almost at the same time, in fact there was an overlap, possibly not as efficient as I was hoping it would be, but it did work).
Then F's friend E arrived and they proceeded to have all sorts of crazy fun, most of which was charming and delightfully mischievous and the other bits of which I shall gloss over as it's over 24 hours in the past now and the bed was just about dry enough to sleep in... I did confirm to them that a line had been crossed, etc. Much grave nodding from them both.
All in all though, they did have such a lovely afternoon, much crazy giggling and splashing, bouncing, playing with imaginary babies and watching of The Simpsons and The Secret Show. I kind of think girls often get rebellion squished out of them too much, so a bit of wildness is all to the good, in small doses as long as nobody gets hurt and any damage is repaired by those that did it. I did swear three times though, not sure if E has reported that back to C!
Today we were supposed to have local paper photographer coming, which meant I woke up expecting to spend a couple of hours doing housework. So when the reporter rang at 9ish to say they would just be using a photo from Tuesday after all to save time, I was mainly relieved. The double-page spread should be in tomorrow's edition.
The paddling pool was still out so F went in it again, in between bouncing and reading more of the big Usborne Internet-linked Children's Encyclopedia. She's just started using their QuickLinks system and is really liking that, exploring the extra video, games, quizzes, etc. for each section - really nice and easy for her to use too. Her spelling has really improved lately from all the reading she is doing too - she sent E an e-mail tonight and just 'knew' how to spell all the words.
We were expecting friends at half past two - don't think they will mind me saying that the standard of housework required for their arrival was definitely not local paper standard!
It was warm enough for her two (T and H) and F to go into the pool and stay there most of the afternoon, with occasional forays to the trampoline and a bit of bubble-blowing.
Was a very lovely afternoon, except that I had to spend much of the day trying to get people to go to do a radio interview on Tuesday, so I was connected to various communication devices most of the time.
Still felt nice though, friends round, pool, bubbles. Loved seeing H (4) doing the giant bubbles, amazing! F was very chilled and loved floating in the pool. I eventually got a definite 'yes' from a fellow adult to represent home-ed community with me on Tues, then could not get an 'older child' as required until our friend T very kindly said she'd give it a go. Phew! Really kind and brave of her, she's 11 - articulate and mature and I think she'll do a great job, so we have our 'team' now.
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment