Not a very bloggable fortnight - we went back to Maidstone to see how mum had done on her own - she is gradually getting more in touch with dates and days of the week, and had also managed to use the oven OK for a ready meal and started going out with her Monday friend again - they go for pub lunches, art exhibitions, garden centre wanders or just a bit of shopping and a coffee. She's gradually getting back to her old routine more, am hoping she will eventually feel ready to try going back to her art classes too. In general she's definitely well on the way with most things. She managed her PIN at the cashpoint for the first time too, which has been another source of concern. She's now used it twice successfully so I think that's probably sorted.
While we were in Maidstone F and I went swimming at the refurbished pool - was lovely, lots of features and sunlight pouring in, we stayed in much longer than planned. F and I are having lots of rows at the moment, which aren't usually about anything other than how to argue or fight, what strength is, how to get what you want, etc. I really hate it and find it completely exhausting. If she had a sibling I guess she'd be investigating it by picking fights with them instead but that would probably be exhausting to be with too. I do not like screeching and shouting and irrational confrontation and it is currently taking up too much of my energy and time. I do sort of get that it needs to happen but I'm not going to pretend I'm fine with it. I want to do some more art stuff with her to find other ways of expressing anger, etc.
However, F did a really brilliant job when we all went down to mum's local shops as she did more than half of the carrying both at the shops and going home up the hill - pulling my mum's shopping trolley along all the way, with all the heaviest stuff in it. And when she's not screechy she is very lovely and we have some great conversations.
Back in Lewes we went to MMs and Kids' Club and Lewes group last week, all of which were good in different ways. This week we didn't get to any as I have been really ill all week with a bad cough lurgy thing. Think we went to local shop one day and that was about it! I had a lot of work too, which is a good thing as needed after 4 rather work-lacking months. On Monday night F was sick several times, with impressive effect both in terms of quantity and trajectory.She was wiped out after that so Tuesday was a duvet day - a pale green face on a pink pillow.
Last night she had E over for a sleepover and they seemed to have a lovely time. In the afternoon they played outside, trampolined, played in F's room for a while, watched Freaky Friday, then in the evening, they watched The Simpsons and we all played Pictionary, then they played in F's room and watched The Parent Trap before having an early midnight feast as they were too tired to go quite to midnight. They like to organize at least some of their midnight feast food 'secretly', which is highly entertaining as much rustling is heard and various things disappear and reappear in strange places - found packs of Hula Hoops in the fridge today! They want to do a 2-night sleepover next, with a picnic in between, apparently. Their friendship is so sweet, they really get on and miss each other when they don't see each other.
F has been reading more of the Basher science books - we now have Astronomy and Planet Earth, which is larger format. Good books though, really recommend them for 7 to 10 age group. She has also been rereading her Princess Mirrorbelle books and J got her a new reading light that is great now for reading in bed in the evening. J also put some filtering stuff on the Internet on her DSi and her laptop as she had found a couple of things that were kind of unsettling and inappropriate - she and I talked about it and she was happy to have some filters put on. Never thought we would do that, but...
This weekend I plan to drink ginger wine (medicinal for coughts) and do nothing much and hope to feel better for various upcoming requirements. We're back in Maidstone for a couple of days Tues to Thurs. And the week after I am going away on a writing holiday with a very old friend for four whole nights! I still can't quite believe I'm doing that even as I blog it!
2 comments:
We've had lots of irrationality lately too. Drives me crazy.
Hope you feel better soon, take care.
Lucy X
You know I feel for you on the screechy.
Quick q about your blogring box - it seems to have the wrong number in it. Where you've currently got 37 you should have 44 - did you replace it at some point? Will hibernate you til sorted as at the moment you're forming a little blog cul de sac :)
Post a Comment