A really low-key weekend, which did me the world of good. I can't remember anything about Friday though, hmm. Think I did some chores, not sure what else - might have been the day that lots of deliveries came - new rucksack for me, but I'm really not sure I like it - and a few other things for me and for J.
Over the weekend we did lots of nothing and watched a couple of Shrek movies. I had a 2-hour bath! I managed to actually get rid of some books, a new thing for me that the existence of the Kindle and similar has allowed me to do, somehow. An Age Concern charity bag came and I filled it with books, felt good.
Today was MMs Monday group, bit of a hectic session with a plate breakage, tooth loss and my daughter getting mud all over her trousers. Good spirits though and almost everyone joined in with pizza-making and/or sewing. Journey back for me (F got a lift with C, cheeky sod!) was lengthy due to the new ticket machines.
Bit of a can't be arsed post, sorry!
Other things - we've played Battleships and F made a DIY Bop-It by sticking various things onto a piece of cardboard: a bottle with screw top for twist-it, a gear from Gears Gears Gears! for spin-it, one of her special left-handed Stabilo pens for flick-it and a piece of string for pull-it, plus a green base in the middle for bop-it, all labelled very nicely. On the real thing, in the space of a week, using her difficult hand she has progressed from scores of 3 and 4 to today's high score of 120! That's a massive achievement, must have good effects on her use of right hand.
She has been playing very involved conversational games with me, where I have to choose between various imaginary options, a bit like old-style text-based games on early computers.
No comments:
Post a Comment