Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Mostly Pavilion Gardens Monday

Saturday Freya's friend came over to play in the afternoon and we put the new pool up - it's one of those deep Intex ones, so not exactly a paddling pool but not quite a swimming pool either - I had originally got a 10 ft one but the space available is 9 ft, so now we have an 8 ft one. I can almost swim in it, a couple of tiny strokes, and Freya can do about 4 strokes before reaching the side. So the girls spent a lot of time in that as it was filling and some time on the trampoline with Sylvanians.

Sunday - can't remember much, I went in the pool with Freya, and she went in 3 times I think.

Monday - up early to catch a bus over to Brighton for the 2nd half of Freya's writing workshop. Freya was really good with all the getting ready stuff so we were out in good time and caught a bus straightaway. This gave us time for a 20-minute cafe stop in Brighton, which was lovely. At that time (9:15 ish), Brighton is only just waking up and lots of shops are being opened, deliveries going in, various preparations for the day, love the feel of that time. We played a spotting things game.

When it got to 9:45 we strolled round to Fabrica and waited to pick up Freya's friend, who was being dropped off. They turned up on time and I took the girls straight into the gallery, where they were the first there, so Freya could show her friend round a bit and she could get her bearings as she hadn't been the week before.

Having settled them in, I waited for Allie Greenhouse to turn up and we went over to the Pavilion Gardens Cafe for a civilized cuppa and a chat about everything and especially about writing. Was lovely to catch up with her, as I used to see her at MMs a long time ago but we aren't much in the same places these days.

After she'd left I went for a stroll to stretch my legs, then returned to the Cafe to meet my mate Nigel for another good chat about everything and got very excited about some news he had :)
Having had a good 3 hours of social life I returned to Fabrica where C and D and other parents were already gathered and we watched the children present their writing. I thought they all did really well and was mainly just impressed that every child felt able to present something. Was proud of Freya as she had the starting line in the group bit and said it nice and clearly facing the audience.

We stayed for a while and then headed back to Pavilion Gardens (me, Freya, Freya's friend and her mummy C) to sprawl on the grass and for Freya and her friend to do a bit of running about and have an ice lolly and/or drink etc. J arrived after a while, having had a rather unpleasant encounter on the bus on the way.
Eventually we split up again and J, Freya and I went to a cafe and had some drinks and food before going to see Harry Potter 7.2. I quite enjoyed it but wasn't hugely into it, have got a bit bored of them tbh. And the projector wasn't right, so a bit blurry/wobbly too! Still I do like a trip to the cinema, even when it's not perfect, just the bigness of it.

Today we're at home, so will probably go in the pool later for a while, need to get a bit of work done first. Freya is making a house for her Sylvanians very industriously with cardboard and paper and tape at the moment.

1 comment:

Allie said...

Was lovely to see you. Shame I missed the kids reading their stuff as that's always rather wonderful. I envy your pool. x