Thursday, August 02, 2012

June and July catch-up

OK some attempt needs to be made to catch up here.
F's days have gone to:
Her birthday! (should have blogged, but lately I just do not have that ability to just blog things as they happen somehow) - we went to Spring Barn and the cinema with a group of her friends and she had a sleepover, which was a bit of a mixed experience tbh! She is now Eleven, which is a lot of numberage.
Little Green Pig writing workshops in Lewes and Brighton. The Lewes ones are now officially continuing after summer, roughly fortnightly I think, which will be great. It's a nice group, about 7 girls, most of whom we also see at various other things. The Brighton ones were a series of 3 workshops at a gallery, based around the idea of weaving, inspired by the current exhibition (link to workshop, link to exhibition, making of exhibition)
A Raystede animal sanctuary day
A friend's party and sleepover
A Livewires session on mythical creatures - a friend got F and his daughter N doing a good exercise, one describing an animal without saying its name, the other drawing from the description
Floating and swimming in the pool, which we've only had out for the last week or so, weather has been so weird (the local winter stream is flowing - in August!)
A few nice afternoons at Pells Pool, especially with friends.
Other things of many and various sorts, mostly social I expect. F is very very social indeed.

There are also some good new things in the pipeline being talked about, interesting potential workshops and groups and activities. More on them as they emerge in Sept/Oct. There seems to be a resurgence of local home-ed energy.
My days have gone to phenomenal amounts of work, like nothing I've had before, in July - can't wait till September when July invoice gets paid! I will have mentally spent it ten times over before then.
My mum is not doing so well, she wandered the other day and ended up in hospital, though without coming to harm, so I think she now needs different/more care, which I'm hoping will go smoothly but probably won't! She is still mostly content and giggly though, which is such a blessing.


No comments: