On Wednesday, Forest School was cancelled, so Freya had an unexpected day at home. In the morning she did a makeover of some sort on me - first doing endless things to my hair, which I don't get on well with but I did sit and put up with it, though perhaps not with very good grace, it has to be said. She braided and twirled and beaded me, then turned her attention to my feet which had to be bathed and then my nails painted - I chose purple, green and gold.
What else did we do - painting by numbers, watching Goodnight Sweetheart.
Thursday, Freya had her final art workshop of a series of three, and then she went to her friend's to play for the afternoon, had a good time. I did various documentation tasks related to mum's move and fianancial stuff. Was good to get it done and afterwards I had time for a bubble bath, which was really lovely.
Friday, Freya had the final Friendship workshop session of three and I picked her and N up by taxi to take them to yoga as it was raining relentlessly by then.
Saturday, we went and bought a new mattress in Brighton, an expensive one but reduced significantly. Then we went to YO! Sushi, which none of us had done before, so that was fun, spotting the dishes we wanted and capturing them from the belt. Fun to share it as a new experience for all 3 of us too. Good food choices for us all, as Freya likes fish so she had some of that, and we like miso and tofu and we all like various other things like tempura and gyoza , so plenty of variety for all of us, without much dairy or meat to have to look through.
We came back and then Freya and I went out again to wave at our friends who were in the Nevill Juvenile Bonfire Procession. Freya had printed off maps and drawn on the routes of each of the 3 processions, so we did a lot of map consulting, made a few mistakes between us, but managed to catch them 3 times at least, and saw them from the back a couple of other times. It was a lot of rushing around in the rain but good fun nevertheless. We didn't stay up for the fireworks though as the rain was getting worse.
We got separated at one point, I had said to Freya that if we were separated I would text or phone her and she should do the same. But she had a problem with her phone at first, then managed to text me once, I rang her and texted her, then we found each other. She reported that she had been slightly anxious finding her phone not working and also there were youths around swearing and smoking, so she hadn't been keen on that. But neither of us were too panicked.
Back home we watched Strictly, recorded earlier, and Freya had hot chocolate. She was falling asleep by the end, it had been a lot of rushing around.
Today I took Freya to the swimming pool, to meet her friend L, for the "Super Splash" (inflatable thing and music). I managed to get some writing done while I sat in the side area, which was satisfying.
Came home about 5ish, and realized a while later I think I've lost my phone, maybe left it at the leisure centre. Botheration.
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment