Monday
We went to Monday group and it was a quiet one, I took glass jars and decorating stuff and tea lights to go in them, but not many people were there, so will do it next week with more, hopefully. L brought lovely little cakes in for her boy A's birthday, though we're all in denial that he could seriously be that 12+1 age. So he's not going to be. But nice cake anyway.
Afterwards we met up with J and went to Infinity cafe, where delicious food was chomped.
Tuesday
I took Freya up to drama (via a 5-minute practice in the park), then didn't see her again till after writing, as C took the 3 drama girls on to that. All seemed to have gone fine, they had done a bit of play writing. Not sure how the rest of our day went, all a bit of a blur now.
Wednesday
Freya had Forest School - it was snowing as they headed off, but didn't last or settle. They did a very long walk, including cow poo and electric fence investigations, so fine work there.
In the afternoon I think we watched something but had some technical glitches for a while.
Thursday
Freya went off to cookery and I headed off later to pick her up with L. I saw (and first smelt) the delicious party food they had made. It was lovely to sample the food, and chat a bit with V who runs the cookery sessions. It's a shame F will miss next week's as it clashes with Livewires Christmas party. Freya had been particularly responsible for the very delicious bruschetta garlic bread thingies with various combinations of olives, peppers, tomato, basil on them. There were also cakes, quiche, mince pies and vol-au-vents.
We didn't leave till half past, as there was a lot of sampling of food to be done. I helped a bit with some washing up. Then our buses were a bit poor, so didn't get back to ours for L to play until getting on for 2.
Met up again with L and co, and with N and co, early evening at Lewes late-night Christmas shopping, which was as usual graced by rain. The girls enjoyed it, adults had various stresses, but was OK. I think the highlights were the 4 of them all having rainbow face paints done, with sparkles, and the nice grandma who reassured Freya that she wasn't too big to see Father Christmas at all, because she was going to go herself and sit on his knee.
Friday
Friday Club was ice skating, most of the usual people were there, was nice to have various chats (as I can't think of many things I'd like less than trying to move on ice, I took on various glove-keeping, phone-holding, picture-taking obligations and chatted to any pausers by the wall). Freya was allowed to use a penguin, which really helped. Treated the girls who stayed after to hot chocolate, was a lovely morning, glad it was sunny after the rainy night.
Then bus back for yoga, more chatting for me and a harmonious walk back, has been rather a good week.
Saturday, December 08, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a good week :-). Out every day! Is next week a bit quieter? We have manic busy and notso busy as a few distant things are (thankfully) fortnightly. But all fall on the same week.
Yes we have a general pattern of drama and writing being on 1st and 3rd Tuesday, so the Tuesdays in between are (so far) free. Next week is not so busy but my book club is on again so have to do prep, and we have a Christmas party at the monthly activity group. Freya really wants to be out every day, and I really don't, so a bit of tension there ongoing!
Post a Comment