Thursday I waved Freya off to:
cookery class (one of three for the 10+ age group over next few weeks) - they made a complete vegetarian Christmas dinner, her team was the veg team and did peeling, chopping and cooking of potatoes, sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts (I think). Her friends L and M were there and a few others she knows.
playing at L's house in the afternoon and then sleepover there - they made and decorated cupcakes, did some writing and played variations on hide-and-seek in dark, amongst other things then on Friday
puppetry workshop - part of new Friday Club (I will stop calling it 'new' after Christmas), for Friday club some sessions are provided free by home-ed parents, others are provided at a payment by outside professionals/experts, this was one where a puppet man came in and brought lots of fab materials, showed them how to make stick and rod puppets and they all made them - it seemed to go very well, Freya enjoyed it and wants to make more puppets now
I came in at the end, then we were off to yoga, via K and N's house where a group of girls stopped for a short play
Yoga then, I had a good chat, as ever, with K and M (yes it does seem we know far too many people around the middle of the alphabet).
Saturday we were going to go to rollerdisco and some other things before it, but I had to withdraw that as a Consequence, oh dear.
Have a couple of busier weeks ahead, with writing, more cookery, ice skating, Livewires, book club and all the usual things as well.
Sunday, December 02, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Cookery class sounds excellent. What a good idea.
Yes, it seems to be popular. One of the courses run by Sussex Home Educators for the 10+ age group, which F is now starting to access - current term offered cookery, history, writing, art, DJing. Must do more cooking with Freya as she does pretty well with it all now, so could probably do more.
Home ed is definitely easier, as in more opportunities nearby, down your way. Am envious. But very pleased for F at the same time.
I think that over the last 2 years a cluster of home-ed girls aged 9 to 13 has formed, with a good few proactive parents, and that is driving some of the new local opportunities, definitely - in particular Friday Club and drama and creative writing. Then there is proximity to Brighton, where there is a firmly established home-ed community too. Things do look very good right now, hoping it continues.
Post a Comment