Friday, August 02, 2013

Long multiplication, My Gay Best Friend, Pierced ears, Science Park, Purple hair

Thursday 25th
A day at home, though as it turned out we could have been up at Pells Pool as a friend had texted, but I missed the text until it was too late.
Did some maths with Freya - long multiplication (not sure if that's what it's properly called), cubes. 

Friday 26th
A day at home, then Freya went for a sleepover with L, had a lovely time. And I went to the theatre with C and saw my friends in My Gay Best Friend at a new venue in Brighton. It was wonderful! I have seen the play once before, but it's one that benefits from a second experience, excellent writing and some intensely moving acting by both of them. 
I felt very inspired afterwards and wrote this poem

You two
Stepped out to meet darkness,
Stood in light,
And painted a friendship.
You made people
that never were
but always are.
You brought them together
and bonded them for us
with visceral visible threads
You tore them apart,

blasted fragments into each and every witness,
then gently rejoined them.
You showed us lonely
and loss
and hope.
You fetched innocence from a shadow
and gave it to the day.
How beautiful you were
You two.


C enjoyed it too and we stayed to chat for a while, it was a lovely evening. Also the venue is very lovely and there was CAAAAAAAAAKE!

Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th
Freya came back from sleepover middayish and most of weekend was at home and me working quite a bit, but snuggling and watching something at some point. J had to work on the Saturday too. I cleaned out our pool as it had come down with green algae amongst other lovely organic developments, so cleaned it and refilled it, can't remember if I went in or not or what the weather was even!

Monday 29th
Planned for Freya to have her ears pierced, but the place in Lewes that we had thought to go to aren't currently doing piercing, as they need a new piercer, so we just did a bit of shopping and had a rethink, deciding to do it in Brighton next day.

Tuesday 30th
Freya and I went into Brighton and went to Claire's to get her ears pierced. It went very well, they were very nice in there and Freya said it didn't hurt too much and was so quick it was fine. She has very cute rainbow crystal daisy earrings in. We celebrated with drink and snack at coffee shop, then went home.
In the afternoon she walked into town for the first time on her own, to meet J and D, two friends from Friday Club, to spend a couple of hours shopping. Very exciting! She has done a bit of walking on her own, or with me a long way behind, to places, but never all the way into town. It's only 20 minutes and none of the roads and crossings are too bad. She had a lovely time and shopped extensively! I went to meet her just before 5 and saw the 3 of them coming up, so J and D were accompanying her to where we were meeting, which was nice. We had a drink and a snack, then home.

Wednesday 31st
M had kindly offered to take Freya to the Science Park, as she was going with her four, including daughter M, who is another Friday Club girl, so it would work quite well for Freya to go with them. I packed her a lunch and waved her off and she had a lovely time, apparently there is new stuff at the Science Park, so might have to go soon ourselves. 
Meanwhile I was in Deadline Hell, and failed to deliver a job on time, but fortunately nobody seemed to mind - I suspect they had expected it and given me a false deadline. Well, I would, if I had to manage me as a freelancer! Not for smaller jobs, but with the large ones, it can be difficult to judge how much working time I will have and how much will be needed. This was a really big job, 22 files, over 40,000 words, more than £2000 worth of work, so was glad to get it done in the small hours of Wednesday night, even if it was 6 hours late, oops.
In the evening I dyed Freya's hair (and neck and ears, oops) mostly purple with a couple of streaks of green (supposedly Aqua Rush blue but hmmmm...).

Thursday 1st
L came to play for 4 hours and very happy hours they seemed to be too. It has been so hard to find times for L and Freya to get together in term time, but they have seen much more of each other the last couple of weeks, they sounded very content together, mostly in the pool. Amazing to hear Freya inventing underwater games and challenges, when she had been nervous of putting her head underwater for so many years until about 6 weeks ago. She loves it now!.
I had writing urges and was able to follow them for a while, having completed my work, invoices and washing up. Have a lot of new ideas bubbling up right now.

Friday 2nd
Freya and I went into town to get a few things and had another coffee-shop visit for cold drinks as the heat has picked up here. Then in the afternoon I took her up to L's sleepover, where C has a total of 12 children overnight, including her own 3! 11 girls aged 8 to 14 and one little brother aged 4. Just went back up to deliver her swimsuit.
I haven't got to work over this weekend, tonight J and I are having a curry, and I do have a bottle of wine that I might open, although it is hot so I might save it.

No comments: