Monday 24th - Freya had Geography and I had some errands to do in town, but failed as hadn't brought the things I needed, oops. When I picked her up I was there for the last bit of the lesson and it was really good to hear, their tutor Jo is great, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and encouraging.
Back home, I think we maybe watched something and then went back out again for Aerial later.
Tuesday 25th - A day at home, I had a lot of work to do, but stopped eventually and in the afternoon we watched some Doctor Who episodes (random selection) and did more Sequin Art. And in the evening the Sewing Bee, hooray! Think it was mostly a relaxed nice day.
Wednesday 26th - Freya had a lovely Forest School session. They explored a fallen tree at length, clambering over and through and along it, sounded lovely. And also made small boats from split logs, with a bit of drilling and twigs and leaves for sails and other parts. Lovely weather, sunny and fresh, for them.
Back home I think I was all worky, had a lot on for end of Feb deadline. Think Freya had a bath or maybe that was Tuesday.
Thursday 27th - Freya went to play at L's, from there to Dance, from Dance to Art, so I didn't see her from 11 till 6, long time. At Art she had been doing a still life - was very impressed by her drawing, really good. We brought home her lino print of a cityscape - a good process to learn about, lino printing I think. And she had had a good time at L's earlier including playing something called "Death Bunny"!
I mainly carried on working, of course.
Today 28th - we had to get up very early for us (20 past 7) and meet other Friday Club people at Lewes station at 8.30, as we (11 children and 4 adults) were off to the Unicorn Theatre, near London Bridge to see this. A fab Friday Club trip, was good. Trains were bloody crowded though, felt a bit headachey with all the Londonness and trains and people.
The play was good, though very sobering (to me) in subject matter. Clever use of effects I thought, quite magical in places. At one stage the floor of the whole performance area became a beautiful tropical sea, with a turtle swimming through it. At other times it was the Milky Way, and the Earth from above.
Afterwards the group had their lunches outside near the river before catching another overcrowded train.
Back in Lewes, Freya and I went to Costa for a drink and then home. I had a bath and at dinnertime we watched the new episodes of Outnumbered and The Big Bang Theory.
So tired now though!
Saturday 1st March
Freya had drama in the morning, so I had a catch-up coffee with C. The LAMDA exam is 4 weeks away now, it's good they get it over early in the year I think.
In the afternoon I went into Brighton to attend my friend Sharon's belated birthday lunch and celebration that her book is to be published in June by Unthank books. So excited for her and glad - it was really thrilling to hold the proof copy! Looks very classy too.
Had delicious Italian food and some pink fizz. Nice to see Sharon and Laura, especially. It was Sharon's novel writing course that got me back into writing a good few years ago and we've been in touch again a lot over the last year or so. And Laura and I could chat about geek stuff forever too, so that was good. I am not good in groups though overall, so came away a bit knackered!
Back home I made a picky bits tea for J and F, didn't have any myself as full of Italian bread and pasta, then we all had a pudding of fruit strudel, vegan ice cream, berry compote and raspberries! Mmmmmm.
We watched The Voice, which went on for a bit too long, then some Quantum Leap. J and I watched Jonathan Creek afterwards too.
Sunday, March 02, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment