Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Shopping Brighton MockingJay

Attempting more frequent and detailed bloggage...
So today we got up late, well I did. Leisurely start to day and then we got the bus over to Brighton, gorgeous sunny day to be on top of bus at front.
In Brighton we wandered the North Laine, was lovely, haven't been able to just wander there for a while and I do love some of the shops. We impulse-bought a rug for our living-room, enjoyed a browse in the darkness of CyberDog, J decided to get his ears repierced, though they turned out just to need opening up. I paid as a Christmas present. He's decided that returning to earrings and getting a new tattoo might be an adequate manifestation of his mid-life crisis. Think we will all have got off lightly if so! But glad and hopeful! Hoping mine can be arranged to involve writing novels and getting fit, but that may be naively optimistic.
Went to Infinity and got serious amounts of tempeh, Cheezly (Blue and Italian), tofu and sausages. Recognized a couple of people and said 'hello' to one in North Laine, but not to the one in Infinity because he was working.
I got J a belt in Vegetarian Shoes (he knows already although it was supposed to be a surprise - I had noticed his belt looking very worn and thought 'aha' to myself and planned getting another non-leather one while we were out, but last night when I said I might look out for a couple more things for him the next day in Brighton, he said "well you could always get me a belt..." Anyway I did. They did have some with VEGAN written in shiny studs on them but I thought that a bit much and they were a lot wider than his usual sort.
We shared a falafel wrap from FilFil, delicious!
Then to the cinema to see MockingJay Part 1, enjoyed it very much but wish Part 2 was available right now.
On bus back home, the only seats available for Freya and me were in front of the odd old man who gives local kids sweets and has been known to have some visit him and play on games console and often is inappropriately topless. True to form he instantly gave Freya a box of chocolates. We moved seats as soon as we could. I don't think he is dangerous, he probably thinks he is 16 himself.
At home J did Tortellini and we watched a Brian Cox programme and then John Bishop, then Freya and I did some wrapping.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Your infrequent bloggage is always detailed too.

a said...

Aww thanks Michelle, it always feels kind of unsatisfyingly summarized.