Monday, January 12, 2015

Chrismas, Superweek, Earring trauma

We appear to be in a whole new year so I'd best get on with it!

Christmas
was lovely - J's mum came for the actual day and over the 4 days we had nice restful times, a bit of game playing, lovely food, watching fun things together, etc. It went by too fast for me really.
29th Dec to 2nd Jan
Freya was away at ATE Superweeks New Year Supersleepover. Four nights away. Two of her friends were going, having been to quite a few already, and they asked her if she would like to go too. She had a lovely time, despite coming down with a bug - they looked after her really well there by the sound of it, there was a brief period of wondering if we would need to go and retrieve her, but she perked up.
And then came down with it again on the way home, so not a good journey on the train for us. 
But overall she had a brilliant time and I think she will go to other Superweeks as and when we can afford them. It sounded lovely from what she has told us - imaginative games, crafts, films, being read stories with hot chocolate at night. 
While she was away, I did quite a bit of work and J and I had lunch out and went to Homebase and to a friend's house on New Year's Eve during the day, where it was a bit weird to be the ones who hadn't brought an actual child.
On her return, pretty much as soon as she had stopped being ill from the bug, she/we discovered that the butterfly back of one of her earrings had somehow gone into the hole and was now stuck inside her earlobe, so on the Monday after the weekend we went to GP who had a poke and a pull (ouch) and then said go to A and E, so we got drinks and got on the bus to Btn to go to Royal Alex Emergency Dept. We were seen really quickly - all weekend I had been mentally writing off the day until about 3pm but we were all done a lot earlier thank goodness.
Most of Freya's groups/activities didn't start till this week, but she did go to Art on Thursday and Friday Club on Friday - book club but not my turn. Good books and good theme - Disability. She also went ice-skating with the Rs on Tuesday and went to L's house on Fri and we had M here briefly on Thurs. So easing into the normal busy level.
I took down our little tree today, our lights and cards - was quite sad as I do love Christmas - colours and cosiness and all that.
 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I have never heard of a butterfly back getting stuck in a pierced ear lobe before. That is definitely a first.

a said...

I know! Apparently they see it frequently at children's A and E though.
When Freya said to me "Is it possible that my earring butterfly has gone through the hole into my earlobe?" I confidently laughed and said "No they are designed to prevent that"

Then I looked...