After a lovely January, when I seemed to have that balance I'm often searching for - quality of life, creative energy, time to write, smoothness of arrangements - the last week or so has been a bit rubbish for me, lots of things gone wrong, from small to big things, planning to practical, physical things, and my eczema on my hands has been dreadful and then I had it on my eyelid from Monday morning, so sore and itchy and horrid, moan moan moan...
Have got some Aveeno so hoping that will sort it. And a Friday bottle of red wine can only help, so will buy one when I'm out too.
On Monday I walked Freya to Maths and then walked with A and C to the college as A had organized a meeting there and 5 of us (home-ed parents from Lewes and Brighton) went along to find out what potential provision for 14-16s might be. Nothing specific as yet but we gave our input on what sort of thing might be useful and we will get more information back from the contact soon, hopefully. Will be interesting to see what is going to be available there, if anything.
Meanwhile Freya did Maths and Geography and then Aerial as usual. I went home after the meeting, can't remember what I did, maybe I had a bath. And went to meet her 7ish as usual, was a nice clear night.
Tuesday Freya had writing up at C's, I took her part of the way by taxi as it got a bit late, then we saw N, J and D walking so dropped her there to join them.
Back home I did some Chemistry and Physics prep I think.
Wednesday Freya and I had a day at home, did some Chemistry and Physics or just Chemistry, I think. Alcohols, Carboxylic Acids and Esters.
We are a couple of weeks away from finishing Chemistry and Physics and then will be working in different ways to go over, fill out, consolidate, test, revise, etc.
Thursday Freya went to Dance and Art. I went out to have a coffee with M before picking her up at 6, was nice as I got to moan about my rubbish week to a person! And drink a Chai Latte. Though week started improving yesterday too, so am hopeful.
Picked Freya up, no Art for a few weeks as L going away, took Freya to have tea, quick wave to N as we always see her on that route, then up to Guides.
Back home afterwards, Freya did a Chemistry mini practice paper adding up to 30 marks, with questions taken from past papers and other sources. She did really well. Previously she has had a couple of small test paper things but found them quite panic-inducing. This time she applied proper exam technique and did the things she felt more OK with first, then tackled the others at the end, guessing where she had to. Really positive, she got 25.
Today Freya is at Friday Club, going to pick her up in a while, they are having a review session on what they like best, what they might change, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hope the week took a dramatic upturn for you! Whoot to chemistry. We didn't get far with it as too hard. C wants to try again in Sept.
There is a lot of information, think it is one of the harder ones. You can have all my PowerPoints in September if you want! LOL
May well take you up on that!
Post a Comment