Saturday 24th
We went to see Return to the Forbidden Planet in Brighton. It was very good fun, enjoyed it hugely! Friends had been during the week and Freya had asked if we could go and, on the edge of saying 'no I don't think so' I thought of the reappeared Purchase Order and thought I'd see if there were still tickets. There were, only just, but by the end of Friday I had booked tickets for me, Freya, J and J's mum.
So we went into Brighton, did an Infinity shop (tempeh! tofu! sausages! cheezly!!) and bought another bright rug for our living room, so now got rid of both our ropey disintegrating rugs and covered a larger area of our unpleasant carpet, HOORAY!
The show was excellent, it was the start of their tour and had a great feel to it and we all enjoyed it.
It was a matinee performance so afterwards we went for Japanese food at Oki Nami, very nice.
Home for The Voice I think.
Sunday 25th
Think we did some Chemistry and Physics, not sure if that was then. And I did roast potatoes and burgers and veg for dinner I think.
Monday 26th
Watched some CBB with Freya and she did some homework I think, then we went into town and she went to do Maths and Geography (group of 5 girls 2 different tutors), and then Aerial. I went to the college to register her for her IGCSE exams in May/June. Very anxiety-inducing, had checked the form many times. Submitted it to the Exams Office and was told to come back to pay on Thursday as the info would be in the system by then.
Also had to see the woman about the venue for my drama/scriptwriting sessions to get a proper induction and my own keys. I like the venue but the alarm gives me the jitters, so far have managed though, so I guess it will become less scary over time.
Back at home I can't remember whether I put some music on or went on the cross trainer or worked or had a bath or all of those.
Went out again at 6.40ish to pick Freya up from Aerial.
Tuesday 27th
Had my drama and scriptwriting session, really enjoyed it and felt very energized. It is great to be doing some drama stuff again, the time goes very quickly. Love seeing what they do with small pieces of script and prompts to write. They were really focused in the session this time, made me want to do more, but everyone already has so much going on, maybe in a year or two... We didn't get much of our audio drama stuff done but that's an ongoing thing, we'll try to do more next month.
Back home, again can't remember what I did! Seem to have lost whole chunks of time this week into unrememberedness. Freya was at M's for the afternoon and came home 7ish. J did Chaula's for dinner, was yummy.
Wednesday 28th
L and the Rs came over and we were going to go out but the weather went wild and windy so we all stayed in. Ended up playing Cranium 3 times after some intensive Minecrafting.
In the evening Freya did some Duolingo, she does some every Wednesday, I rather admire her ability to stick at things!
Thursday 29th
CC came in the morning, Freya did some of her maths homework and I prepared more Chemistry. Then Freya went up to Dance and I went to the college again to pay exam money, which all went smoothly and I have a photocopy of form with receipt part filled in so I can only hope that she will properly be entered for the right exams.
Back home I think I carried on preparing Chemistry - I am running out of colour schemes I like on PowerPoint and anyway thought Crude Oil deserves black, mustard, brown and orange kind of tones. Then got sick of those so introduced green and blue for the Alternative Fuels section. And discovered some smiley faces!
After Dance Freya went to Art. At home I had a bath then went to pick her up at 6, she changed into Guidewear and then we headed to Costa for cheese toastie dnner for her. We usually see N and often one or other of her parents on that little walk as they are coming back as we walk up, so that's quite nice for a quick chat/wave.
Then up the hill to Guides and I went to see my mum. She was the only one in the lounge when I got there but was fine, it was cosy, the lounges are small and the telly had been set to a playlist of Christmas films, so I sat and watched the end of A Christmas Carol and the beginning of Miracle on 34th Street. One of the carers there, think she is newish, seemed to be called Eva (my mum, having been called Joyce, her middle name, all her adult life, has reverted to her first name Eva the last few years) and actually looked a lot like an old picture of mum in her late 20s or 30s. When she first came in, Mum waved a hand in my direction and said "my daughter"! A man came in a few times with some concern about his feet or slippers and the carers were trying to work out what it was. The place felt nice and calm though, in that they had time to sit with him and try to sort that out, not be rushing off to emergency buzzers etc.
Friday 30th
Friday Club was block printing. Freya went by herself but I picked her up afterwards. We had half planned a cinema trip with J's mum but there were some weather risks for travelling so didn't do that. Took Freya to get a passport photo done and then to Caffe Nero for a drink and some fruit. She had done a lovely print.
Back home I did more Chemistry prep (Polymers) and Physics too (Energy Transfers and Efficiency). And had curry.
Saturday 31st
J and Freya went into Btn to see Big Hero 6. I stayed home and went on the cross trainer and had a bath and did some work.
Well this has been such a pedestrian trudge of a read, sorry! Then I did this and then we went there. We did have conversations and laughs and lovely moments but you will have to make them up.
Sunday, February 01, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I saw RTTFP in London for my birthday over quarter of a century ago.
Post a Comment