Friday 14th August
My Birthday! Enjoyed it, we stayed home in the day, I had a bath, lovely cards and presents and relaxed day, then we all went to the local curry place, which is very good, and had a delicious meal.
Saturday and Sunday 15th and 16th August
A bit of this and that and not much I think. We had takeaway from the place we had eaten at the night before (Shanaz in Lewes, very good food).
J did a lot of work setting up my new laptop - he helped me buy it, partly as a birthday gift. By the time it had arrived, the old one was really on its knees, so it was lucky he was able to help me so that I didn't have to wait, as I was in the middle of work and laptop was at that 'only charge if charger is in one single difficult to duplicate position' stage). Also a very strange visual problem with the screen getting worse. So phew and thanks J, very much x
On Sunday Freya went over to G's, with K and L, for a nice day there. I started my day sharing one of last night's poppadoms with the cat as she was out in a sunshiney yard and I opened the living room door up.
Can't remember much, think I was working most of that day. Oh we watched Children of the Stones!
Monday 17th August
Freya went into Brighton with L to see Minions again, all went fine.
Finished Children of the Stones in the evening.
Tuesday 18th August
Yay! J's mum joined us and we went to play crazy golf in Brighton, lovely! Rumble Jungle Adventure Golf. And then a drink at cafe, slow walk along front and dinner at Terre a Terre. Wonderful! Bit of extended birthday.
Wednesday 19th August
Quiet day at home, we watched a couple of films, think it was Bruce Almighty and The Road to Eldorado, which interestingly had humans as deities as a shared theme, accidentally.
Finished a big document, bar proofreading.
Thursday 20th August
Freya went with a group of friends into Brighton to see Paper Towns at the cinema. They had a good time.
Exam results day! Freya passed her IGCSEs in Chemistry and Physics, very pleased for her and proud. It's great to have been through one whole cycle of exams and now know how it all works.
Friday 21st to Monday 24th August
PGL for 3rd year. This time our group was 9 girls, with C and I as the 2 adults. Unfortunately I forgot my phone! So I have no photos (and had no clock, book, connectivity or alarm most of the time!).
On Friday we arrived and settled in, had dinner and the evening activity was Passport to the World (as ever for first night).
Not a great night's sleep for most of us, for various reasons...
Saturday: breakfast, then Abseiling and Archery - think everyone managed Abseiling this year, where last year a couple couldn't quite face it, so that was great. Lunch, then Giant Swing and Orienteering. All went fine, very hot sunny day. After dinner, their activity was Spacehopper Football.
Better night's sleep!
Sunday: breakfast, then Zipwire and Trapeze - again everyone managed Trapeze, whereas last year they didn't all. Freya did it for the first time, yay! I didn't do Zipwire this year (or anything in fact!).
In the afternoon they did Canoeing in lovely sunshine after rainy Trapeze earlier, then Aeroball.
Evening activity was Splash - producing a protective shell for a water balloon to be tested. Sounded good.
I didn't sleep well, not sure about others.
In the morning a bit of birthdaying for D in our group, complete with two times singing and a cake.
Then Freya and I had to leave early as we had her clinic appointment at hospital.
A bit of travelling in rain and then the clinic - slow going but eventually we were with consultant and she okayed medication to start very slowly on low dose. MRI had gone wandering, but EEG had just enough on it for her to feel able.
Tuesday 25th August
R came for a few hours, for Minecraft and watching Simpsons maybe. I got a lot of washing and some work done, among other tasks.
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment