Monday, June 13, 2005

atchoo!

HE: repeated gardening assistance and talking about plants, very minimally - I dug over a patch of garden and F and I sowed wild flower seeds there, which she remembered that we should water today. Bubbly rock experiments also continuing, lumps of chalk into pint glass, then they dry out overnight on draining board for more bubbling the next day. General problem-solving in track layouts etc. for lego train railway, HappyLand houses, etc. Reading the word 'No' in bedtime story book again. Hmm, basically a lot of repetition of stuff previously encountered, which is fine. Have a few ideas but currently not enough time/funds for implementing them as usual, so they'll wait, and education will be what happens to us while we're making other plans (apologies for Lennon misquote).

Non-HE: In 1 month's time, my baby will be 4 years old. I think we're going to have a picnic in the park with friends and family and also maybe go to Drusilla's as she's been talking about that a bit. J has booked the whole week off, with her birthday slap bang in the middle, and I will have had 2 weekends away sans enfant before then so I will be refreshed, allegedly.
Finances: grim on the large and small scales. But I am working so much, it's got to get better, it's just got to. I am taking every job and fighting to meet every deadline I possibly can. Go Mummy!
Hayfever is dominating my life for large parts of each day at the moment, especially when I do gardening. Am trying all sorts. Nothing really working, but I feel pleased that I haven't let it stop me doing outside things so far. As I'm such a home/indoors kind of person, it's easy to just go with it and stay in, but this year I'm gardening, spending time in the park, etc.

Nice afternoon today with Nic, Davies and Scarlett (oooh Nic, when you read this, keep meaning to ask you how is your cocoon/chrysalis after F's accident? I'm so sorry if it has had unfortunate repurcussions, please let me know). Had a cuppa while children played in the garden and then a picnic in the park and discussed all sorts. It did me so much good. I'm so glad of friends when I've been working all hours and worrying about money, it's just lovely to chat and relax and take time out and watch the children interacting. Which they did, quite a bit, and most of it friendly/well-behaved, with the odd 'moment' from each of them at various points. I was pleased to see F actually saying 'yes' a few times to Davies' suggested games. I thought she would probably warm up to that over time. I needed to catch up on Nic's life too as I am currently unable to access her blog along with a few others on the ring (thanks Jax for all your detective work!). On the way back from park to ours, F insisted on 'helping me' by pushing the buggy which did not make for a stress-free stroll home. Still she's been pretty good on the whole lately given that I've been working quite a bit during the day sometimes and seem to also have a hundred other little things to do all the time.

No comments: