Thursday, October 13, 2005

Catch-up

HE:
Conversations about: gravity; dinosaurs in some detail; sounds and letters in words; the body, including what blood does and other systems.
LeapPad mania is upon us and she does quite a bit of it every day at the moment. We got a dinosaur leap book with interactive cards - Wow! I wish I had had one. Her favourite is still Disney Princesses of course.
Life:
Trip to my dad's was good, wish we could see more of them, but it's a long old haul. We went out to see birds, deer and fish of various sorts. F thoroughly enjoyed herself, especially her grandpa reading stories to her (always a bit bittersweet to watch as he is lovely with her and I didn't meet him till I was 16) and her uncle building fab lego things. I got a chance to play a proper game of Scrabble, so I was happy. Ooh and a game called Lingo, which was really good.
Potty use continues with great aplomb and confidence. Am getting used to it now.
Adopting friends now have the two children living with them, they came over for a visit and it was absolutely lovely. Period of transition and adjustment ahead for all of them, but it's easy to see the potential and the basics are there for them all to be happy. Not going to blog them in detail as I think they should have maximum privacy right now.
Socializing quite a bit recently with other children generally, all going very nicely thank you.
Public apology to Ms Portico - F tipped your lovely bead patterns all over the floor at MonsterTeeny world, at least I assume they were lovely, as I didn't see them or else I would have warned her off. Sorry! In her defence it was an accident as she 'didn't expect the picture to do that', and hasn't encountered such items before.
Occupational Therapy appt - was good, we now need to get F doing reach over midline with right hand, and also will be massaging her right hand. Yoga/ballet/swimming are all suggested as 'good things', so will give some consideration to what I can fit in where.
Have also had cause to ponder on nature of blogging, internet relationships and all that.
Online life is strange - I have made very good friends who have become important in my life. Sadly, 2 of these seemingly normal people, despite appearing to be warm human beings, have in fact turned out to be Tories. Tsk, what can you do? I am continuing my friendship with them and hope that my good influence will rub off on the poor souls, and in the meantime that this has cheered up at least one of them that might need it (let's face it, Tories need cheering up at the moment anyway).
Keeping it brief to catch up, will keep up a bit better now, promise. I got a bit detached from blogland as there were a lot of blogs I didn't have access to now. They're all back now, thanks to Jax, so I'm back too.

3 comments:

Dani said...

Hi, nice to see you back! Don't worry, we are *not* Tories. Looking forward to meeting up with various bloggers at Nic's party, but also a bit scared...

a said...

Don't be scared, it'll only be lots of people you don't know in weird costumes.
Want to meet up beforehand at all? I was pondering the logistics of getting together with you and G and S sometime.
And I did guess that you weren't Tories, but my political equivalent of 'gaydar' seems to be slipping - or maybe the Tories are getting nicer... *wink*
Ali

a said...

Looking forward to it too, Alison, and glad you're not peed off about the bead patterns, so I won't have to offer you an opportunity to avenge them by ripping up one of F's drawings or similar.