Where the days have gone:
Last weekend I went to a Writing Group Day which I really enjoyed, having thought I wasn't in the right mindset at all, I got straight into it from the first exercise and it pushed my intermittently active novel along a bit so that felt great. Had our usual long lunch and chat - people who write also seem to be people who talk a lot. A lovely day. Can't remember much about what F did at home with J but I know we had late dinner and watched Hot Fuzz after she had gone to bed.
Sunday was quiet and homeish - I was really tired and had to have a nap in the afternoon which I don't often do.
Most of last week - F did a lot of drawing, some of it story drawing of dreams she had had - she's remembering a lot of dreams lately, including one where the three of us were going to get on a train but got separated due to a very loudly miaowing cat and then she had to find us again. In another one her dad turned out to be a robot and his head fell off and all her friends wanted to see!
She did a lot of playing in the garden, making dens, playing XBox, a bit of writing, a music-box painting kit which she really liked, had me read quite a bit of Winnie the Pooh, did some invented 'cooking' involving tortillas, houmous and cherries to make a food version of an island she had seen on the Internet. Made things with cardboard and bubble wrap and went to the park a few times, including with my mum who came over on Tuesday and spent a good afternoon with F while I was working.
Yesterday we had the MonsterTeeny Posse over and foolishly attempted our joint annual trip to the P.A.R.K which always turns out badly for some reason. At least it was a nice day for the trauma and we had ice-creams. F and D were able to compare wobbly teeth - his is out now I see! Mrs MT came up with a solution to a stressful situation I am facing, which I think might end up being the way to go, though I'm still hoping Plan A or Plan B come through sometime soon. Generally, there was much chatting, patches of interruption by children but not too much overall, the singing of American Pie with gusto, appreciation of Christopher Eccleston and Captain Jack and that enjoyable air of Friday socialness about the whole thing.
Today we went over to Hastings by train to see the Great Moscow State Circus, a trip planned during the week, when Grandma Ju had seen it advertised and offered to get tickets.
It was a lovely day which turned out to include park time, trains, beach time, circus, flashing LED toys, pizza, ice-cream, sunset travel (F loves being out late, especially travelling) and unexpected fireworks to end with!
The circus was really excellent - I had forgotten how exciting that kind of live entertainment can be, presented by people with such amazing well-practised skills. F absolutely loved it, especially the trapeze I think.
It felt like a bit more of her birthday, in a way, such a nice day out.
Saturday, August 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad the circus was fun and with bonus fireworks :) Still keeping fingers crossed for plans A or B.
Thanks mate.
Have mentioned Plan C to J and he mentioned it to his mum and much to my surprise they both seem to think it's doable - thought they would think of a million reasons why not. So cheers... watch this space
Post a Comment