LOL you'd think I would have learned by now not to blog how lovely and happy F is - because crash, bang, arse - yesterday she was very very tricky and not nice to be with at all. We had 3 huge rows, she was really quite horrible at times.
The worst moment of the day was when I finally had managed to calm her down and things were fine - I promptly walked into the kitchen and somehow knocked over a pint glass full of water, which smashed into hundreds of tiny pieces, while the water simultaneously made the floor very slippery. Then when I got the hoover out I noticed it was full, started emptying it and realized there was this disgusting sticky mass in it that didn't want to come out, so had to spend ages fiddling about with the handle of a wooden spoon, when what I could really have done with was a sit-down and a glass of wine tbh.
Not a lovely day.
So, anyway, apart from that kind of stuff, F has been really into the Gears! Gears! Gears! again and we've been making a few things, which has been fun. She understands more and more of how the gears will work - she was explaining to me how adding the gear with the little sticky-out bits horizontally would drive the movement in a different direction. Apart from that, she's been watching Land Before Time films, Beauty and the Beast and a few other things.
On Monday, we went out for lunch with J's dad, which was mostly good apart from his initial conversational opener in which he moaned about 'all these East Europeans coming in, blah blah, there's a Polish shop in [insert name of small town in Middle England]'. *rolls eyes*
We managed to recover from that and I did the painfully stereotypically girly move of restoring peace by turning the conversation to blander subjects like telly, etc. Ugh, I hate to have to do that - what a heap of crap.
Anyway it was a nice lunch, all that considered! Saw a bit of snow outside while we were there and when we walked home, there were bits laying here and there.
We've decided that we're going to get a trampoline and a swing for the garden instead of the climbing frame/slide/swing combo. There's still the park for sliding and climbing and we do go over there at least 2 or 3 times a week.
Current priority is to get the shower installed, so I'm going to contact electrician this week for that.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment