Today was largely lazy and homeish. I watched The Apprentice on i-Player - am going to watch the whole series this time. Splendid viewing - the sheer arrogance and lack of social/communication/people skills was extraordinary. Meanwhile F watched her own more loveable dinosaurs in Land Before Time X - The Great Migration.
We played Viva Pinata together after that. Started off with a plan involving a Candary, then spotted something I hadn't seen before - turned out to be a Galagoogoo I think, huge eyes, very bush babyish. So we worked on attracting that, which involved a long-term Mothdrop breeding programme, including growing thistles (something I also excel at in real life). We got sidetracked by some fighting Fudgehogs before we got there though. This evening she's been playing again and has spotted a Chippopotamus for the first time - isn't it great to have a (digital media) game that is still surprising you 15 months on? I do love that game - wish I had a bit more time to play it myself really.
We were out for a while, walking up to the Leisure Centre and back for a swimming lesson that didn't happen but F went in the soft play for a while. It was a beautiful day for the walk anyway. Came back with ice lollies, via the park, where we left some 'treasure' behind a tree for someone to find - a squeaky toy rat that F hopes the golden retrievers will like!
Other than that, played some DS - trying out various wireless options with different games, had chips, burgers and beans for dinner. Electrician came round and gave us a quote on various work that needs doing, so we can go ahead later in April.
Seeing definite signs that F is retreating from her recent wave of progress with and interest in reading and writing. I reckon she will be immersed in DS games, XBox, Gears! Gears! Gears!, park visits, garden time, possibly sciency stuff or other interests for a few weeks now, before going back to it. I love that she can do that, it seems so natural.
Coming back from the Leisure Centre, F was making Dozy Mog ask her some tricky questions like 'I'm not a stuffed toy cat, am I?' and 'If I am, then you are too and where is your stitches?' She explained to him that she wasn't made of material but had grown from an egg and a seed and her mummy and daddy had 'worked' together (!!!) to make her. He wasn't satisfied and was clearly in an existential mood, as he then was telling us that he was going to pretend to be a stuffed cat, who couldn't talk. This largely consisted of him telling us 'I not talk', at frequent intervals and increasing volumes. Such an attention seeker!
F does do some very funny conversations when she is being him talking to her and answering him back.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment