We just went to the local farm park - walked to it for the first time instead of having lifts from friends/family. Was amazed to discover at F's current walking rate it's only 20 minutes walk!
Had a lovely afternoon up there and will definitely get an annual pass. I'd thought it might be about 40 minutes, LOL. It was a cold but bright day. We decided not to bother with the two Easter trail things that were on and just do what we wanted instead. We fed goats and chickens, saw baby lambs, played with straw and generally enjoyed being there. How beautiful it is where we live, I couldn't get over the sunshine on the Downs as we walked there and back - stunning!
F had a couple of good social encounters which were a relief after her big messy wailingness at the park yesterday. Firstly, she helped a little girl, aged about 3, to climb up onto the straw bales, showing her exactly how to get up, encouraging her and congratulating her when she managed it. Then, a boy of about F's age was thwarting her plan to build up a huge pile of straw for jumping into - he kept redistributing the straw. Instead of getting cross with him, she tried several times to point out that she had asked him not to, then when she had definitely established that he was being deliberately unhelpful, she managed to arrange her straw piles so that he helped her unwittingly, as he swept the piles off and down exactly where she wanted them! What's more, the 3-yr old girl started helping her and said 'Big helpful girl I help you', which I thought was very succinct and rather charming! Nice stuff.
What else did we do? Stroked ponies and sheep, F read a 'Happy Birthday' sign, went on the slides lots and rolled all the way down the steep hill from top to bottom, which seemed to start a bit of a trend. Similarly, she went down the slide in a particular way, leaning back with her arms up behind her head, and that started another trend, so she was clearly on good social form.
When we came back, I read her one of her library books that we hadn't got round to - I'm aiming to read a lot over the next few days so that we can take them back next week.
Now I'm drinking wine and waiting for curry plus shopping delivery.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, yeah,yeah but did you renew them? ;)
Sounds like an excellent day -perfect antidote to yesterday :)
And you've got me fondly remembering the fun to be had on those straw bales!
Post a Comment