Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Finished work yesterday, was glad to finish and deliver my final job of the year as I'd been faffing about with it for far too long.
Saturday and Sunday I worked (OK faffed) in the daytime, J did lots of wrapping and appeared with stacks of prezzies (not all for us I hasten to add). He's a very precise wrapper and they look like a pile of prezzies in films somehow. I will be adding my own atrociously wrapped items to the pile today or tomorrow, making it look more like a pile of prezzies in a low-budget soap, maybe in the home of the comedy family of the street. The kittens entertained us and performed many and various delightfully kittenesque antics. F made and played LittleBigPlanet levels. We watched the Strictly Come Dancing final.
Sunday evening we went into Brighton to see the Burning of the Clocks - as shown over at The Greenhouse, by people who participated. It was very chilly so we were very wrapped up. F was excited about going over to Brighton in the evening. Nice chatty train journey. We followed the procession down through The Lanes, then went onto the pier to watch the fireworks from there. I'm sure I remember the Burning of the Clocks firework displays as being longer - it did feel a bit like they were over very quickly. Still F enjoyed the whole thing. The procession is lovely, the lanterns look great in a long line moving through the streets, with samba drumming. I think it's the first time we've gone over for it since moving out to Lewes. The photos are here.
We had chips - I had mushy peas too, really fancied them and they were delicious.
Came back by train, found kittens were quite OK after first time of being left alone in the house.
Yesterday we went into Brighton again on various shopping missions, all of which were accomplished nice and smoothly. We didn't want to leave the kittens for too long, so didn't stay out for food. Might go over for cinema and dinner sometime in New Year or before.
Still feeling a bit rough from this lurgy I've had, coughing still and head full of yuk. J is coming down with it now and F is still coughing from having it 2 weeks ago.

1 comment:

Jax Blunt said...

Happy new year.