Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye 2010

As years go, I didn't like you. You misbehaved, leading to 'Consequences', some of which continue. I have a little scar on my lip to remind me of you, specifically of falling flat on my mouth the moment I had been back home from mum's long enough to start relaxing. And that sensation of starting to relax, then getting a shock, then pain - yep that sums up the year, repeated a few times as an uncheery motif.
So I'm not doing a round-up, let's just say you were well on the shitty side of shite. And am saying goodbye to you early, couldn't be too soon.

Christmas, however, has been mostly good, low-key, relaxed and comfortable. I love time at home with J and F, reading, playing games, watching films, snacking, having long baths with a glass of something and a book. Can't beat it. The so-called real world outside doesn't really compare!

Today F and I made a lovely bath bomb, half pink, half blue, heart-shaped. Didn't get the mix quite right and it fizzed away in about 10 seconds, but was lovely. We used lavender, chamomile and almond milk, pink glitter and blue foil stars.  Yesterday we made juice, using different citrus fruit (lemon, lime, satsuma, 2 kinds of grapefruit). Delicious.

F has had a coldy coughy thing and is all croaky, poor girl. Bath did her some good, should probably be steaming her. She and I snuggled in bed to watch one of the Christmas lectures on iPlayer tonight.
We were norty and bought a Kinect, after a bit of dithering - we were going to wait till January but it seemed daft to buy it after J's time off finishes. 
So we did a bit of that, have watched various films (I made sure that we all sat to watch ET with our full attention, lovely). Enjoyed Christmas Doctor Who and a few other things, saw J's mum and J's dad on consecutive days. Played Trivial Pursuit - F has good general knowledge and also good at logical guessing.
This is a bit half-arsed, as am enjoying not having to do anything and hibernating as much as possible.

To everyone who needs a better 2011, I hope you get one too x

No comments: