Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sackboy retrieval, Eden's Eye

Quickish one.
Weekend:
Saturday was a late start and lazy for all of us, with watching of Total Wipeout and playing of LittleBigPlanet 2 and various other enjoyables.
Sunday J had to go to work and I had to work too, so F played some Animal Crossing and watched some Simpsons, not sure what else.

Monday F and I had to get up early to go to group, still got there a bit late but not too bad. Was a busy but happy session, group is good at the moment. F retrieved her little Sackboy figure, left there last week, and we made him a new hat - he's the social worker for her doll's house which is a care home for pipe cleaner people - they have all sorts of great facilities and a French chef to cook for them. Apart from that she was mostly off playing, though came back a few times for a bit of a bicker and/or cuddle.
I enjoyed catching up with various people again. Might give ourselves next week off, go 2 weeks out of 3. The main things I don't like are having to set the alarm and be woken by it and the noise and busyness of being in a group. The main things I do like are F having a good time as she mostly seems to at the moment, the top deck of the bus views, chatting with people there.
But I do also like Mondays with J, going into town and having a coffee and a wander, etc.
And we actually did both this Monday, as I remembered J was heading into town and rang him from the bus back, met him in the coffee place where I had a cappuccino with soya milk and F had a hot chocolate. Very nice.

Today we went to Drusillas and met C and co there, spent a good 5 hours there and admission price was a cheap January deal so well worth it. We went everywhere, looked at almost all the animals, did a lot of the zoolympics and knowledgey bits and everyone had a lovely time, with E and F playing some game where they were on holiday or something and one of the climbing structures was their hotel. F was particularly taken with Eden's Eye, which we hadn't been in before. And the zoetropes in the bat house.
And C and I managed a good bit of chatting as even D was running off with the girls a lot of the time.
F managed to hurt her knee in the soft play!
We finished in the restaurant, F had some chips and she and E suddenly had a cunning plan for F to go back to C's for a play while I got the bus back by myself.
C said it was fine so off they went. I did a really dumb thing, missed one bus, walked down to Alfriston and missed another by about a minute, very annoying! So then had to walk all the way back up and further on to Berwick station (now getting dark and no pavement or street lights for part of the way), where I had to catch a train going the opposite direction for one station, then change and go the right way to get home, much later than I should have done! Oh that norty public transport.
C very kindly gave F tea and brought her home at 7.

Other things: F has done some very clear drawings - she often does things that look very scribbly as she has gone over and over the line roughly a lot, but these are neater and make more sense to look at. Using Stabilo Smove, which does seem to give her a great left-handed grip. 
She is also much bemused by a couple of the children at Forest School who 'always want to have the white cups' (two white cups, all the others are green) but apparently if all the cups were white they would want the 2 green ones!
Tomorrow we have no plans HOORAY!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a lovely couple of days :-)