Thursday
F had E round to play in the afternoon, didn't see either of them for about 4 hours but heard a lot of giggling in F's room.
Friday
We all went up to the Science Museum and had a fab time, especially in Launchpad. Attended the Rocket Show, which was fun.
J took some great pics, here's a few:
Friday evening, I left J and F at Victoria and went on to mum's. Mum was in fairly good form apart from memory issues and a little bit of confusion sometimes (possibly caused by the memory problems). Her main memory problems are still largely around days, times, dates. And she almost always calls F by my name now. I don't know if she's getting worse or not, time will tell. But she's happy and not distressed by the forgetting, she still finds it very amusing. Saturday morning, when I got up, she asked me how F had slept and I replied that I didn't know as she wasn't with me - that's the kind of thing that happens. Although, on one level, it's obviously weird and a bit worrying, I am very reassured by how untroubled she is about it. So far anyway.
We watched all of series 1 of Miranda on DVD and laughed a lot and I cooked and we ate and chatted. I was really glad to see that she has done a little bit of painting at some point, though she thinks what she's done is no good. It's probably not as good as before the stroke, but I couldn't tell and it's still better than any painting I'll ever do! I hope she will do more as I think it would really help with thought processes, if anything like that can.
Saturday evening I headed home and it was lovely to be back with J and F again for dinner.
Sunday J had to work, and F and I had a lovely sunshiney bus ride over to Tunbridge Wells to see The Snow Queen. My friend Nigel had written it and I managed a quick chat with him and with LJ before they were suddenly having to deal with a power cut. In the end the performance went ahead with no proper stage lighting, just house lights, and no proper soundscape, just a Yamaha by the side of the stage. The young cast did really well, every one of them seemed to be putting their all into it, no weak points. The music, which Nigel had also written, was lovely - especially the parts where the whole cast sang in harmony.
It was advertised as for ages 4+ but I think it would have been hard for young children to follow the story. F got most of it and quite enjoyed it, though she did yawn extravagantly at one point - and we were sitting right in front of Nigel and LJ. They just giggled fortunately.
Back home, nice to be all together again, think I was very aware that J was back to work, normality resuming. I do love the unreality of Christmas, the break from normal. Hate routines.
Monday I felt rough with something achey and shivery and a very sore throat, so I mainly slept. J and F had to go into Brighton as J's phone has had a crisis with its SD card, not for the first time. He now faces having to hassle people to deal with this properly, so quite a stressful Brighton trip. Apparently F behaved really well and was very good whilst waiting for him, she'd taken her last unread Jacqueline Wilson book in.
Which she has now read, so a bit missing the JWs. J got her 2 Morpurgos for Christmas, hoping she might try them and like them.
Today I still felt a bit under the weather and F and I did a lot of film watching: Cars, Toy Story and A Bug's Life! Hoping for a similar kind of day tomorrow as I fancy a bit of hibernation still before launching ourselves into the maelstrom of home-ed out-and-about group here trip there busyness.
3 comments:
which morpurgos?
I'd like a bit of hibernation today.
Miranda fest sounds like an excellent idea. "Such fun!"
Michelle - a cat one and a dog one, er, Adolphus something?
Allie - hope you can have a hibernating day soon.
Post a Comment