Before I do the days, I am quickly posting a picture of F's Christmas present from me, which I finally put up in her bedroom this week: curtains made by me to her very specific design.
Wednesday
F had a busy happy day, entirely separately from me: Forest School in the morning; playing at E's grandparents' in the afternoon; Chatterbooks at 4! I got a bit of work done and had a long bath. There are some good plans afoot as the Forest School kids get older, to do slightly more challenging/longer-term projects with them. Like the sound of that.
Thursday
F and I went up to London and went on a D-Day Duck Tour which was fun. Our guide was pretty good, providing us with lots of snippety anecdotes and insights about London in the war, along with audio clips (announcement, message from Princess Elizabeth to children facing evacuation, Vera Lynn singing, etc.) and photos too, which were passed down the bus and back. We've not looked much at World War 2 so it was a great basic introduction for us. And of course, huge fun, to go driving straight into the Thames and find ourselves floating.
Friday
Today, after a bad start to the morning when the bedroom clock said 12:30, but it was really 10:30 (panic panic panic) F, along with friends E and M, started what will be fortnightly drama sessions, just the 3 girls together, with a local lady who is absolutely wonderful. They will be able to go on to do LAMDA exams with her at their own pace, if they like it, which they certainly did today. Was nice for me to hang out at M's and have a cup of tea and chat with S and C. The rest of the day was a bit of a washout for me, I feel utterly rubbish with a lurgy - sore throat, cough, aches, shivers, the lot really - so am going to spend the weekend doing as little as possible I suspect. We had planned to go to a swimming party, but it involves a lot of travelling and being away from home, so have had to forget that plan. Hope to see some of the friends from that area soon though, not sure where or when but would like to.
Managed half a game of Chinese Checkers with F, but she is not very keen on it and wanted to invent her own game, which she sort of did - different pieces representing solids, liquids and gases, could travel different distances in a go, etc. Couldn't quite make it work but I could see the potential.

4 comments:
Love the curtains! I bet A would like some like that.
Also very jealous of D day duck tour, we saw them when we were in London and would have loved to have done it, but so expensive!
we did a duck bus in Liverpool a few years ago which toured the city, took in a few Beatles and other famous Liverpool related sites and then plunged into the docks. Was excellent :)
they are the sparkliest curtains and you have the loveliest knee ;-). One day we will do a duck tour.
Can't quite believe I made those curtains. Glad someone noticed how lovely my knee is - I got just a bit distracted there and I don't know how to edit.
Could you turn Willow into a Duck, Nic? Good home-ed project, surely. Then we could all go together
Post a Comment