More days that have gone:
Friday
Freya and I had a leisurely shopping trip in town, we each had a fixed amount of cash supplied by me for the purpose and we went in 5 or 6 shops buying nice treaty things mostly. Bath bombs, fluffy socks, new cutlery, books, small holographic jigsaw, etc. It was fun just enjoying a lot of browsing and choosing - Freya got more items for her money than me. We ended up in Costa for a drink and snack, was a lovely afternoon.
Saturday
Freya practised on her skates in the park, then went to Rollerdisco - this is now a regular fortnightly thing for quite a few of our friends, seems to work well. Freya's skating is improving, her confidence is a bit wobbly but I can see her getting better and better with practice.
Enjoyed Strictly and some curry dishes from local shop, picky bits for Freya as she's gone right off curry.
Sunday
I had lots of work to do, but first we needed to do a bit of tidying. J's mum came over, partly due to a computer problem that needed J's attention. She brought Freya a Jacqueline Wilson magazine and it has some baking recipes in that Freya is keen to have a go at.
Monday
Didn't make it to Monday group as I had too much work, Freya was sad to miss it, so I felt bad but sometimes it just isn't possible.
In the evening it was the Lewes bonfire processions and fireworks. J and I made a deal that I would take Freya up to watch the processions and then he would take her to bonfire and fireworks. It worked fine, I couldn't go to fireworks as still had too much work left to do (the job was a sod really, legal Russian, ugh, but I needed to take it, sigh, what can you do).
Anyway, we enjoyed the processions, Freya had a perch up on a telecoms cabinet with L and co. so a good view, and it didn't get too hectically busy. Although I had felt very not bothered earlier, once I was up there I did enjoy the whole bizarre thing as usual. This time round it really hit me how old some of the traditions are, how generations of families join the same bonfire society one after another, all the history of it. We spotted K and F, which was fun. Had various snackage to keep us going.
When that all finished (about 3 hours of processing, with the odd break of 10 mins while they regroup) I took Freya home for a 10-min handover to J and loo-break. I worked as the kabooms got more and more Kaboomish and then KABOOMINGLY LOUD and house-shaking.
J got some good pictures at the Southover Bonfire Society display, experimenting with longer exposures.
They both came back safely about 11ish having enjoyed it all. I was up till 5am working, booooooo!
Tuesday
Took Freya to drama where they are doing a Cheshire Cat piece at the moment. Then picked her up with L and M and walked them all down to LGP writing in town, via a cafe where they had frozen yoghurt or hot chocolate variously and all sat and looked over their writing and added bits, as they had had 3 weeks to do a story over the half term break.
When we got down to the venue, it still had lots of stuff lying around from the night before, when there had been a hog roast outside - so the items left around included various meat-eater debris such as recognizable bits of pig. Girls not impressed as they are mostly vegetarian and/or animal friendly!
Wednesday
Had a massive to-do list: rescue poor easy set pool from rotten leaves (yes this should have been done end of September, oops); defrost freezer; clean kitchen floor; various corrections to job delivered on Tuesday; random other things including unpacking lots of delivered things of various kinds and disposing of packaging. So mostly stuff that involves practical physical work, not really my thing. But I did pretty much all of what I had to do.
Freya was at Forest School in the morning, lovely weather for them, sunny and dry though very chilly. She had made a doll with various mostly natural materials.
Wednesday, November 07, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
love those fireweork pictures :) very sure they were kaboomish too :)
Great fireworks pics - and the processessions look amazing. I'd never heard of the Bonfire Scoieties until they were on the new this week - so I read up all about them on wiki!
would love to go see the Lewes processions, sounds an interesting evening. Great pics too :)
Post a Comment