Friday, November 02, 2012

Slipping behind again, oops.

Last weekend:
Saturday we went to M's party - main features were a bouncy castle and a glitter tattoo table, plus lovely food. Everyone had a good time. Before we got on the bus to get there, Freya and I shopped a bit and had a quick drink in a cafe, which was all nice. Enjoyed Strictly when we got back.
Sunday I can't remember, think I worked and had a bath, plus J and I sorted our bedroom out a bit, got rid of quite a lot of clutter.

Monday and Tuesday:
Freya went to a writing workshop at Fabrica art gallery for most of Monday and a bit of Tuesday. She came up with some nice images and voices, I love her writing. As an example: "pale lips like empty pea pods". On Monday she then went for an impromptu play at N's afterwards.
K and I did a deal whereby he took Freya and his N into Brighton by train for the workshops and I took them out by bus Monday and he took them back Tuesday with his van so that they would be able to maximize time at C's Halloween party, which was fun. Had some nice chats, mainly with M. The children enjoyed a variety of activities including making various Halloween themed craft things, apple-bobbing and riddles.

Wed and Thur:
Can't remember yesterday much at all! I worked all morning and a bit of afternoon I think. And then I think Freya and I watched some Goodnight Sweetheart as we often do at home.
Today, Freya went with L to a Creepy Creatures day at the animal sanctuary. They examined an owl pellet and had a bone chart to use, identifying bones of small rodents and frogs and birds. They also gave in the £20 that they raised with their park sale last week. L's grandpa D kindly gave them each a £1 to spend in the charity shop there and Freya bought a lovely soft Eeyore toy.
I took delivery of our new mattress and did lots of consequent changing of bedclothes, so we have new mattress, new duvet, new pillows all ready for tonight, hope we sleep well. Old mattress was 12 years old and really not doing the job so well any more, so when I got an extra good month's pay, the mattress was on the list near the top.
I also went up to a review meeting with mum and a really rubbish social worker, have ranted elsewhere about her, but basically, mum started out in usual cheery mood, but social worker projected such an air of tragedy and also a bit of seeming like she was 'testing' mum (staring without saying anything, taking notes, asking mum questions with right/wrong answers, not joining in when we had a giggle), that mum picked this up and became quite anxious by the end, it was so different to our usual times up at the care home, I was very peed off about it. Fortunately mum will forget the details, though might be residually anxious for the rest of the day.

No comments: