Monday 18th
J, Freya and I went geocaching, as somebody had planted a little group of new caches around Lewes. J found one, Freya found one (a "magnetic nano", which she rather took to, as a phrase, and sang at various points thereafter) and they found one together. I didn't find any but I was a good navigator. Want to do more!
Then took Freya to dance/drama, where the drama element was reintroduced and seemed to go down well. I went for a Chai Latte with C and M, which also went down well.
Tuesday 19th
We watched some Sparticle Mysteries episodes, not sure what else we did - probably Freya had a bath and I tackled her hair, which has required a bit of sorting out again, as we had failed to keep up with the things that stop it getting too tangled, so have been gradually untangling in a series of bath/conditioner/brushing operations.
Wednesday 20th
We did some marble painting, then went out to meet up with A, L and T at the park for a picnic and play. Freya and L had a plan, which involved disguises and going to live in a bush. It was funny, especially when they emerged from the toilets in long dresses/skirts and ran with all their stuff, but would have been more fun if less freezingly cold and less items then lost in park and having to be found! Nevertheless I guess one of those adventures they will remember with a giggle when older. Had a hot cup of tea back at Ade's after having to leave one to return to park to find stuff and Freya and L performed a play about a robber and a baby and with a general theme of crime and punishment/revenge!
Thursday 21st
Livewires on circus theme - I felt uninspired and didn't take anything, but there was plenty there, lots of equipment for people to try out - hoops, juggling things, balancing pedal thing, stilts, etc. Also an exercise involving looking at where different animals came from. And a bit of drama and a quiz and popcorn. Next month's theme is South America, not sure where to go with that.
Freya went back to C's for a play with L and I went with K to find out how to unlock and lock the venue for Book Club next week as he will be away. Think I have got it now. Back home I was trying to do some paperwork but couldn't find what I needed so a frustrating couple of hours.
Friday 22nd
At home day, Freya cricked her neck painfully as she woke, so was very uncomfortable for the first hour or so of the day, gave her a painkiller and later a warm bath, which all seemed to help. We did frozen bananas dipped in melted chocolate, and Freya went off doing some neighbourhood record of observations. Very cold day. Not sure what else, oh we watched the end of the Sparticles, have enjoyed that.
And took delivery of 2 small storage units from IKEA to go on kitchen counter, put them together whilst watching some old Sarah Jane Adventures. They have made a big difference to the space in there, really pleased!
Saturday 23rd
Pollyannarizing a bit as Freya had only had 4 hours sleep partly due to being worried about repeating cricked neck, so trying to sleep on her back, but not managing to, poor thing, so a bit fragile!
However, we met up with A, L and T for Freya, L and T to have a swim, go on inflatable obstacle thing and flume, then all moved into the rollerdisco (at same leisure centre), where several other families were already there. Was worried about how tired Freya was, she had one fall, but only because they were playing 'it' and it was a busy session again.
Back home via the kebab shop for salad wraps and chips, waving off A, L and T there, very cold again! We watched an episode of Buffy, which we are getting through far too fast probably, but it is so good. Then Freya and J watched Coraline in 3D and I just hung out online for the rest of the evening.
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Never tried frozen banana in melted choc. Guess the choc sets straightaway? Will have to try it :-)
I think that's the idea, but ours didn't quite work, as we had taken the bananas out too soon. Might do it again sometime.
sounds a lovely week :) and frozen banana sounds like a fun idea :)
Post a Comment