Friday, February 01, 2013

One Sodding Blackbird, Monsters Inc, Jacqueline Wilson, Mindfulness

Saturday 26th
Time got away from us and we ended up setting off slightly late for the rollerdisco. I suggested that Freya should go on ahead and she did, with money to pay for entrance in her pocket. She got further and further distant from me, waving back occasionally. She was still in the queue when I arrived, it was pretty busy. She had a good session again there.

Sunday 27th
We did the RSPB garden birdwatch, but one of our cats was joining in, and we saw a grand total of One Sodding Blackbird. So *shrugs*... 
J's mum visited in the afternoon, for late Christmas, as she had been unable to come before. Freya performed one of her LAMDA drama speeches (first fairy, A Midsummer Night's Dream) and also read out some of her recent writing, which was very cool. Her imagination and her vocabulary are both excellent and she is really combining the two very effectively now.
I cooked various bits and bobs for dinner including roast potatoes, and we watched some Fawlty Towers and Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em!

Monday 28th
Freya and I were on local radio talking very briefly about home ed at stupid o'clock. We chose to do the interview by phone in the park! As we went over there, the sun was coming up and a beautiful formation of geese went over, honking loudly. Made up for the blackbird a bit.
Later Freya had movement/dance/drama and I went for a coffee with M and C.

Tuesday 29th
Think we had a quiet homey type day, can't remember much about it at all! Oh I sorted the top of the craft cupboard thing a bit, and then Freya and I spent quite a happy hour or two in her room tidying a bit. Then I think we watched a film or something, but can't remember...

Wednesday 30th
We went to see Monsters Inc in 3D in Brighton, which was fun. Not many people there, we did ice-cream and popcorn and enjoyed it right to the end credits, which have a lot of special bits in. 

Thursday 31st January

In the morning, Freya went to the first of 3 weekly art sessions using air-drying clay. I picked her up afterwards, it looked like it had been a very good session. Then we went to the Jacqueline Wilson exhibition at Hove Museum. It was very good, very generous and rich in content, plenty of different types of materials and information and activities to engage us. Highly recommended.
 

Friday 1st February
Freya went to a Mindfulness workshop at Friday Club, then we went on to yoga. Had a nice chat with M while the children were yoging.
On the way home, Freya suddenly had the urge to climb up the steep bank near the park, so she did. 


Got very muddy, so straight into a bath when she got home, with hot chocolate.

I have got lots of work already for February, plus I had an idea for a 3rd novel (I only do beginnings, it could be seen as a flaw I guess!). And am still doing my lovely knitting. Good to have creative lovelies and count blessings in February I think.

1 comment:

HelenHaricot said...

lol at the blackbird. we had v few birds, but SB went and flapped her wings around the garden. i was tempted to write flamingo as other as she was all in pink... great sounding rest of week. sb loves jacqueline wilson so would have loved that! midnfulness sounds good too. wonder if can just dunk bB in a solution of some. x x