Saturday 8th
Freya didn't go to drama as L wasn't going and they are working together for the next exam (2 pieces, with 2 characters in each, one from The Owl Who Was Afraid of the Dark and the other from The Tiger's Bones, exam at end of March, think they are well on track in preparation).
In the afternoon, she went to her friend M's birthday party and had a lovely time. I went to pick her up and stayed chatting with other parents for a while, very nice.
Back home we watched The Voice (have rarely all been home on Saturday evening to watch it this series), wish I could remember what I cooked, think it was a herby vegetable bake with garlic bread. I had wine too as it was a non-working weekend, lovely.
Sunday 9th
Fencing for Freya, nice chat with M for me, we had a really good one actually. Saw M and M having post-sleepover swim and waved, funny to see them at Leisure Centre without adults or older siblings/friends.
In the afternoon we played a round of Mah Jongg, which revealed that we no longer have a complete set, so going to get a new one. Also played some Peggle 2 I think.
I did a Thai-style-ish curry and rice for dinner, with little black bean burgers, made with coriander and lime, and dressed with chilli jam. It was OK, not quite how I had envisaged it. Not Freya's thing but she made a very good attempt at eating it.
Monday 10th
No Geography but Freya and L went to N's anyway middayish to spend time together. Then met Freya as usual at 4.40ish and took her for a snack and drink before Aerial. While she was at Aerial, I sat and read in the Library, as still had no work, was nice.
Freya came out very fired up from Aerial as she could feel she was making progress and had had a good session.
Tuesday 11th
Freya went up to L's house with N as they were baking and decorating cupcakes in preparation for a Friday Club Valentine's Disco on Friday.
Wednesday 12th
No Forest School due to the high winds. Last French session in Brighton for us, as it is just too much of an inconvenient journey to fit in every week on a Wednesday. This term has been better in French, they've covered more interesting vocabulary, but it is just too much travel and time.
Before French we did a bit of rather rushed dress hunting in the Brighton shops, to find something for the Valentine's Disco, couldn't find the sort of thing we wanted, stopped for a very quick drink in M and S and for Freya to write a card for her French teacher.
While she was at French, I had a cup of tea for last time at A's. After French we went back to the shops and found something pretty, hooray!
Thursday 13th
Woke up nice and late as nothing on Thursday mornings most weeks. Lay in bed thinking I ought to send out an e-mail to agency that day to see if any work available - phone rang 5 minutes later with offer of nice big piece of work, so very happy having had nearly a week off really. Dyed Freya's hair dark pink and then took her up to Dance. She was going on from there to Art with D and J. I had a nice chat with lovely CC, who has been doing exciting things like Yoga and going to London by herself! Picked Freya up from Art (which is on next week, trying to get my head round what is and isn't on in half term - Geography on, Livewires on, Art on, think that's it) and took her for cheesy chips before Guides. Guides was on World Centre: India and she came out with decorated hands.
Friday 14th
Took Freya to Friday Club (Storytelling workshop) and a slight misunderstanding ensued afterwards but all was OK in the end I think.
I made a start on my work, then went to be 'adult present' at the Valentine's Disco, along with M - it was OK, nothing too tricky happened, and I was pleased the girls mostly helped with tidying at the end. They had set the venue up nicely, with banners, confetti, lights, a table of food and music playing, with hardly any help from adults, as was the idea.
They danced and played games for 2 hours while I mainly chatted with M.
Here's Freya in her pretty dress and sparkly dance shoes.
Saturday 15th
Drama today, and I had a coffee and chat with C, but next week no Drama or Fencing, so a weekend without alarm wake-ups.
Later I'm going out to Nigel's for dinner with old friends!
Trying to get a bit of work done first though.
Saturday, February 15, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
goodness she looks grown up. Must be an age since I saw her.
am also liking your foodie mentions ;-). I like eating food. Not at all interested in preparing it!
I've become very hard about what we can do now wrt to time of the activity and the travel time. I want to find some good tutors who will do Skype lessons. Group Skype would be fab :-)
Good luck with Skype lessons, I haven't even thought about that as an option yet.
Post a Comment