Yoga woman was fantastic, she really gets F to calm down, to concentrate, to look at her and copy her. F still bounces about quite a bit but really does stay pretty calm throughout. She did quite a few positions today and really tried hard the whole time - it's a half-hour session which covers a surprising amount of ground. Having read F's potted history since her first visit, Harmony was focusing on getting F to do symmetrical things, to go over her midline, but not over-stressing it. Am really very pleased with this activity for F, can see huge benefits ahead.
After yoga we went up to Katya's house, via the deli to load up with Mediterranean veg and a few other items. While walking we imagined we were astronauts travelling to the moon and exploring it, which mainly involved adding the word 'alien' or 'space' or 'moon' to various items we observed, as a prefix or suffix. Crossing the road required us to wait for the green alien to appear, etc.
At Katya's, when we arrived, Ria was being a star (eating vegetables, listening and doing some excellent writing and playing with a computer reading/writing game thing) and F was a bit hoo-ha-ish, insisting on sitting on my lap and not initially eating anything, though she did eventually. By the time we left they had swapped roles entirely, as Ria, who was very tired, threw a huge wobbly in the garden and accidentally clonked her mum in the forehead with a huge pirate flagpole thing that her dad had made for her birthday. Katya went green and I made her sit down for a long time. Ria continued her tantrum, worsened slightly by feeling guilty I think, or worried. We all ended up joining in the fake histrionics in the garden, lying down, kicking our legs in the air and wailing. She was undeterred and continued. By that time it was nearly time to come home, after a bit of a kickabout with a ball and a few visits to their little garden-house.
So we made our way back down the hill, 'returning to Earth' via the local shop for a few sweeties and some bread, chatting about signs of spring we saw on our home planet.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so tomorrow you will be visiting Planet Monsterteeny, where they eat strange things like meat and the offspring come in pairs! ;-)
Looking forward to seeing you both!
The 'green man' has been many things over the years in this family - dipsy, green goblin (spiderman's enemy) and green princess (from Shrek) to name but a few.
I love those long pretending games you can play in the street. I can remember playing a spy version with my mum when I was really quite old. This involved much hiding behind parked cars and so on. I realise now that they are great for getting kids to keep going on a long walk.
Yoga thing sounds good. A half hour session of anything is pretty demanding when people are only four. I really admire people who can maintain that 'calm, focused' atmosphere with little children.
Planet Monsterteeny seemed really quite civilized, given our delayed landing, especially.
Allie - I'm surprising myself by quite liking the games we play walking along, and the conversations that spiral out from them are great.
As for the yoga, it's really remarkable to see how F concentrates - she has to jump about a bit every now and then to kind of shake it out, but she is very focused in a way I don't often see - the closest similar concentration would be when she's drawing I think.
Post a Comment