Friday, November 23, 2007

Need more days in the week

Everyone I talk to feels the same about that. Seven days is not enough, they all get filled up far too easily.
This week I have worked far too much again - I know, you're bored of reading it, I'm bored of writing it so let's change the subject, shall we?
My week both began and ended with a singalong with Nic - Monday at MMs with 'the lovely Jem' playing guitar and a dozen or so adults belting it out - and today in Nic's car on the way back from L's birthday lunch/gathering/do (F is very picky about what you can and can't call a 'party') where we tackled a variety of numbers, ending on a festive note. Well, there are worse bookends my week could have! And the South Downs makes a lovely backdrop to driving your chevy to the levy, even if you don't have a pink carnation and a pickup truck.
Today was lovely - Nic picked us up in the car and we headed over with me reading instructions that E had given me. Which was all fine until we got there and I went to the same wrong building that I went to last time. After a while I had a bit of a groundhog day feeling and remembered where to go and soon we were all in, being made very welcome by E. F had a lovely afternoon and loved her party box - made up by L, which was really sweet. I think F still finds it very difficult to be in an environment where people are talking across each other - not to say that she doesn't do it, she does! But she finds a certain speaking volume or too many people speaking at once really difficult to cope with at times. Having a lot of thoughts about social stuff here at the moment generally, about getting the quality right rather than the quantity.
Wednesday I worked aaaalllllll night, didn't go to bed at all, so that was clearly mad behaviour and I won't insult you by seeking validation for such ridiculous activity and also I did say I wouldn't bore you on this subject any more didn't I? *stands in corner for 43 and a bit minutes with norty hat on muttering*
But I was kind of wired on Thursday after not having any sleep - finished working in the early afternoon (3 deadlines converged unpleasantly) and then had a lovely snuggle with F on the sofa watching The Incredible Journey and chatting and then watching a bit of kids' TV. I made risotto for dinner and it was delicious and we watched The Simpsons Movie, which F didn't enjoy at all unfortunately, but I laughed through the first 40 minutes or so pretty much non-stop. She loves The Secret Show at the moment, and I find that quite funny too. She likes The Simpsons on telly but didn't like the film - it is kind of harsh humour, I know. Later I watched some telly on my laptop and then had a lovely bath and read in bed - oooh it was bliss to get into bed after being up for 40 hours.
What else then?
My mum came on Tuesday and F had a nice time with her, while I was all about the work again. C from over the road came over Monday and Wednesday. She tends to do a lot of picking stuff up and saying 'why have you got this?' or when F does something she says to me 'why is she doing that?', which I find bizarre when it's things like Pritt stick or F dancing round the room. So my answers respectively are 'to stick things to other things' and 'because she feels like it'. Not sure what that's all about.
Let me think, what else has F been doing? Playing XBox (The Simpsons demo, Switchball) and DS (MySims), listening to Dr Who audio stories a bit, snuggling and giggling.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's CHRIIIIIISTMASSSSSSSS!!!! Made me laugh all the way to the roundabout (carousel of the road) :). Thanks for bookending my week and the online stuff in the middle xx

a said...

LOL that was fun!
I just realized I spent 3 days out of the last 7 with you, in fact. God, your company must be tolerable or something!
Glad the "It's CHRIIIIIIIIIIIISTMAAAASSSSS" was worth it, I hope our neighbours will take it as a cue to put up their lights so F and I can start our Neighbourhood Xmas Tours.
See you Monday, thanks for all the lifts.

Anonymous said...

so what does a party have to have in order to be called a party?

a said...

Good question Liza - apparently it *has* to be in a hall!
Cake is also a necessity.
Not sure about the determinant status of games and/or party bags.