F and I got as wet as we've ever been, walking to Little Ninjas and back this evening. F did great at the class, concentrated pretty well, wore her uniform for the first time and got the first tag on her belt which she seemed quite pleased with. She is very often one of the last to do various things in the group but that doesn't really matter to her or to me - it seems to be a result of a mixture of an unhurried attitude to life, sometimes lack of concentration (not realizing what she is meant to be doing in time to do it), sometimes being one of the few who is determined to do something properly rather than fast, sometimes just her difficulties with balance and using her right side. As long as she is enjoying it and getting plenty from it, this isn't a problem. Will see how it goes. The Friday session is a smaller, quieter group in a smaller space, which I think we both prefer. On the other hand, going twice a week means she has more chance of picking up what she is being shown. And on Thursday we get to see K and R.
Anyway, yes, we got soaked through - on the way there it was fairly bad and then on the way back it was windy as well as wet. I lost my shoe (yes I was wearing my crocs because I haven't worn my boots in yet and I keep forgetting to buy socks!) halfway across a road, so had to go back for it in the dark with cars appearing from various directions and visibility terrible. F thought that very exciting! It was lovely to get in and change our clothes. Good test of F's newish dark pink/red coat - did very well, hope it lasts 2 years, it's a really nice one.
On the walk over we chatted quite a lot. F made up various 'facts' about the lifestyle of some imaginary monkeys she has invented, coming out with such things as 'the monkeys can sometimes smell colours or feelings' and a few other things, delivered with great authority and an almost David Attenboroughish tone. She is looking forward to S's party tomorrow and to Christmas. She attempted the odd bit of reading of signs and in-game text today, now and then.
Earlier was mainly me working and her playing Viva Pinata and talking about it and other things. All the plaster letters have come out nicely from the moulds.
Back here we got dry and were sympathized with by J, who had got quite wet enough just coming home from work (10 mins as opposed to our total of about an hour). We watched the Dr Who double episode where he forgets he's a Time Lord and is a teacher - fantastic stuff.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
we got very wet too :(
Us too! Leo and I had to walk Pearlie down to the seafront in it - to go to her Woodcraft weekend, youth hostel, camp. She had her sleeping bag slung on to the outside of her ruck sack, with a bin bag tucked round it. I've been fretting on and off since about her sleeping in a wet bed.
I like the sound of those monkeys.
Ugh Allie hope it was OK. Glad she's in a YH rather than a tent though!
You too Liza? It just poured and poured and was windy too here.
Post a Comment